News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Reward Point System for Virtuemart

Started by vmpoints, May 08, 2015, 16:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmpoints

You can reward your users with points everytime they make a purchase from your eshop, and they can convert those points into discount coupons! This Reward system can be integrated with Alpha User Points and it is designed for Virtuemart!

This System Exists of 3 extensions:

1.     RewardPoints Plugin

RewardPoints Plugin gives the customer some points every time he completes a Purchase with Virtuemart!

• The Administrator is able to Set the percentage % of the points that the user will get according to the payment!
  • Set it as Standalone or Integrate it with Alpha User Points
  • Choose whether the points are given when a purchase is confirmed or an Order Status is set to Shipped!
  • Send an email to Customers everytime they earn points!
  • Send an email when an order is cancelled and points are restored!

2.     Points2Coupon Component

Points2Coupon Component allows the customer to convert some points into discount coupons!

• The administrator is able to set the available convertions (amount points for the coupon)
  • Choose whether a Percentage Coupon or a Total amount
  • Integrate with Alpha User Points
  • Set default currency
  • Send email everytime customers create a discount coupon
  • Choose one of Six coloured styles among them Blue, Red, Green, Grey, Black, Light Blue

Points2Coupon Component consists of 2 pages

• Convertions
  • Coupons (so the customer can see their coupons)

3.     ShowUserPoints Module

ShowPoints Module shows the points that the user owns and can use to convert them into discount coupons.

The administrator can:

• Integration available  with Alpha User Points
  • Enter the label text before the points
  • Enter what Font size he would like to use
  • Choose whether points will be shown as integer or double
  • Text for Unregistered Users

For more details check www.vmpoints.com
For live demo check www.vmpoints.com/demo
Reward Points System for Virtuemart
http://www.vmpoints.com

lindapowers

antonino78

Hello,
is still followed this extension?
It 'compatible with the latest versions of vm?

GJC Web Design

Did u click the link??????

Reward Points for Virtuemart! Supported: Joomla 2.5.* / J3.*
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

antonino78

Hello,
my questions were two.
1 - the extension is still followed by the developer?
2 - The extension is compatible with the latest versions of virtuemart?
I do these questions here because I contacted the developer but does not give me answers.
So my question is that the extension is no longer updated.
And if I have problems I will have no support to resolve.

GJC Web Design

If you had put this information in your initial post it would encourage anybody using this ext. to answer...

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

antonino78

Sorry, the initial post I expressed myself badly!

lindapowers

We used this extension some months ago and the developer answered quickly and helped us a lot.

The extensions worked perfectly and he kept improving it,

In a bad move we had to reinstall the one of his italian competitor since our customers were used to the old system and we will move back to this one as soon as possible.
I have not contacted the developer in a few months but my experience was that, fast and helpfull support back in the day through his e-mail.

And although I hate destroying people business dont even consider the italian competitors, worst support ever in a buggy system.

antonino78

Unfortunately, the developer did not give me no answer.
I had to buy the Italian competitor extension.
This extension it purchased about 7 days ago.
I sent many emails to get support, but the developer does not give any answer.   >:(
I do not understand why they develop extensions and then no longer be followed by anyone.
The support is very essential when you want to do business

lindapowers

You are right, developer didnt answer me either.

About the italian competitor... well 3 years their customers, 2 years with "host" issues please resend e-mail they said cause we lost them, that for like 6 times. Then, holidays, 5 months holidays, then simply wont reply.

I reported a bug to this italian guy and even send the solution and still they didnt care to answer.

In conclusion, we have 2 reward point components with no support and no updates, lets hope someone serious in the future takes the lead or developes a reward point system.

I think VirtueMart is not what it used and many developers are just not making enough money to care for their software, mainly cause nowadays there are complete e-commerce solutions which integrate all this components inside the e-commerce system.

loppan

Hi there! I'm looking into migrating from Zen Cart to Virtuemart and I'm currently searching for a decent replacement for my current reward points system. Sad to read that this extension does not seem to be very supported by it's developer, either way, I'm wondering what the current issues are? Are the bugs too hard to handle? :). I don't mind buying the extension and fix some minor bugs & issues myself. It's better than starting from scratch anyways.

So... Is this extension usable in it's current form? That's my main question here :).

Would love to hear some opinions. Best regards

Peter

lindapowers

Quote from: loppan on December 18, 2015, 23:47:44 PM
Hi there! I'm looking into migrating from Zen Cart to Virtuemart and I'm currently searching for a decent replacement for my current reward points system. Sad to read that this extension does not seem to be very supported by it's developer, either way, I'm wondering what the current issues are? Are the bugs too hard to handle? :). I don't mind buying the extension and fix some minor bugs & issues myself. It's better than starting from scratch anyways.

So... Is this extension usable in it's current form? That's my main question here :).

Would love to hear some opinions. Best regards

Peter

Hi Loppan

By a miracle or thanks to my annoying e-mails and the rest of the customers the italian developer updated his component to fix the main issue and he released a version with the fix. Must be a strange day where he decided he wanted to work for a few hours.

Nothing has changed in terms of support, his facebook page was full of complaining customers and now is gone, he didnt even reply to my e-mail but directly release an update of his component, at least is something.

Till this moment and versions his component is perfectly working for us http://www.virtuemartrewardspoints.com his support is 0, literally, so count with that.
My trust in the italian developer is 0 and I had contacted with another developer just in case he abandones the project to keep developing the extension... hopefully that point won't be reached.
And about the extension here... I never got a reply back and have no clue if it works, a pitty honestly.

Hope this info helps you,

Regards

PD: About the bug itself more than a bug was a missing config, where you were forced to create a neutral order status cause by default his component send an e-mail upon confirmed orders both in "confirmed by shopper" and "confirmed", this caused 500 erros and interfered with payment gateways so order status succesfull responses could fail.

We solve it by creating a new order status and rewarding points on shippped, luckily this is now configurable with his latest update.

loppan

Hello lindapowers, this was indeed exactly the information I was looking for. Thank You!

I e-mail the developer of the "www.vmpoints.com" extension and got a reply real fast, confirming that the extension work as it is on the latest version of Joomla and VM, however, future development might be slow due to lack of time... I can accept that.

I can't find any information about the new version on "http://www.virtuemartrewardspoints.com" so I suppose this update was only announced through the auto-updater in the joomla admin? Good enough for me though :).

Although the Italian developer has still not replied to me regarding the recent negative feedback on JED... talk about scaring customers away, hehe.

I'm not sure which extension to go for now, really, but it's likely that I end up buying both and test them side by side, more or less...

This is turning into a quite interesting, almost mysterious  story now :). I will post comments about my experiences once I have them :D.

Cheers

lindapowers

Quote from: loppan on December 20, 2015, 22:06:11 PM
Hello lindapowers, this was indeed exactly the information I was looking for. Thank You!

I e-mail the developer of the "www.vmpoints.com" extension and got a reply real fast, confirming that the extension work as it is on the latest version of Joomla and VM, however, future development might be slow due to lack of time... I can accept that.

I can't find any information about the new version on "http://www.virtuemartrewardspoints.com" so I suppose this update was only announced through the auto-updater in the joomla admin? Good enough for me though :).

Cheers

Oh is the text in the main page refering to 3.2 version, he didnt even post it in his news section, there you can see what I was talking about.

I'm glad to hear the vmpoints.com guy is active somehow.

Anyway... hopefully one of the 2 will keep the extensions alive and compatible :D

jux

Hi im a bit confused I need a component that will show point in product detail page that user will earn... which one do you recommend please?