News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Two properties in one custom field?

Started by ExSpirit, May 03, 2015, 21:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExSpirit

I would like to have some custom field in VM3 where I could set date and in another field some text. I can't find any Custom Field type which would allow me to do that (I only have option to select only date or only text, but never together as one custom field with 2 properties). Is that even possible?

GJC Web Design

would have thought impossible

why not two separate?  you can always fiddle with the display via css etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

ExSpirit

Well user has to select one of the options (which contains date and location). And I have to be able to sort those values by date, so that's why I need to be able to add two values in one propertie.

Studio 42

Hi,
You can do your own vmcustom plugin if you need specific settings, see the text input plugin for eg.
But you need to write some php
Look on the attached file, this use one plugin only+ some css rules and Joomla overides

Patrick

ExSpirit

I tried, but couldn't make it. Do you maybe know if this kind of plugin is for sale anywhere (so ability to select date, just like with date field + text field)?

Studio 42

I think this is to specific to do a general plugin.
If you need it, then this can be done as a custom work, this is not a heavy work.
You can contact me or another developper in forum by PM doing custom plugins, if you don't find it to buy.

ExSpirit

OK, I have sent you PM about this (and another small thing).