News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3 is not compatible with Joomla 3 ?

Started by dinoide, May 01, 2015, 20:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinoide

Issue Description:
I'm having big problems with my site from almost 1 week since I update to VM3 hoping that VM3 will be ready for joomla3.
After several hours of my life lost with Virtuemart trying just to make the same functionality that it was working in VM2... I decided today to start from the scrach to be sure that it wasn't someting bad "migrated".

Anyway.. I created a new installation from scratch:

1) I create a new site from Quickinstall, so a very typical joomla3 installation as usual.
Result:everything OK
2) I install Virtuemart (latest version) 3.0.8 from jomla backend as usual  (AOI and also tcpdf)
result:everything OK

NOW... if I go to configuration of virtuemart menu and modify something, like f.e. VM --> configuration --> Shop settings --> email from html to text and I click SAVE or SAVE and CLOSE
THE ENTIRE BACKEND REMAINS HOLD. After some minutes go to 405 Not Allow page.
This happens always when you try to MODIFY any parameter of vm and also if you try to delete the cache from joomla some messages like:

Warning
Sorry, was not able to create directory for invoices in the Safe Path, please create there manually the folder 'invoices'
alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again
compareUpdateTable alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again
alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again
compareUpdateTable alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

appears in the joomla backend.

You can try, I leave the new site in a way you can reproduce this problem by yourself.
This installation that I mention is on farmaciaelcoto.com/31
user admin: dino
passwd: KtemxkuCNOCTiM

Conclution:
Doing an INSTALLATION FROM THE SCRATCH with LATEST VERSIONS of JOOMLA and VIRTUEMART there is a SAME problem that I have with my production page.-
So i'ts clear that it's SOMETHING BAD with VIRTUEMART3 that is not prepared
Please, take not and fix the code accordanly...

you can send me news to my email: dino@elcasar.net

jjk

Your problems sound more like a php configuration issue. Did you increase the max_execution_time in your php.ini file as being told in the displayed warning?
You can see your current settings in Joomla administration > System Information > PHP Information tab (just had a look - yours is set to 30 seconds. Should be configurable in your cpanel).

Something like the following usually works well:

max_execution_time   90

BTW - I have a live shop running with Joomla 3.4.1 and VM 3.0.8, which I recently updated from Joomla 2.5.28 and VM 2.0.x and which works fine.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

jenkinhill

I agree, this sounds like a server with inadequate PHP resources.  I have worked on more than a few sites using VM3 on Joomla3 and all have functioned well.

@dinoide I see you are on hostgator. Is there another host you can try?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

dinoide a tip:
If something does not work, but you can see it works for 1000s of others, it is very likely that ...

I mean, saying "Virtuemart 3 is not compatible with Joomla 3" is a strong expression.

Reminds me to the guy saying "They said in the radio there is a ghost driver,... One? I see hundreds"
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Steev J

Same issue with last two versions. (3.0.8 and now 3.0.9)
Using Joomla: 3.4.1.
Using Host: Hostgator
PHP Version: 5.4
max_execution_time: 180

Changing basic settings, for example " Use only as catalogue " causes a timeout/405 Error
Did not use to do that prior to 3.0.8.

Do not not know what to do next.

Any luck dinohide ? .. and anybody else ?

jenkinhill

What is your PHP memory_limit ?  Ideally it will be 256Mb for Joomla 3

Were there any errors shown at install?  Did you update both main & aio components using Joomla's extensions manager?

Have you tried the "Install tables or if necessary update them" tool - http://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/tools-menu/70-tools-migration.html

Have you turned on VMdebug to see what is happening?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

responseit

VM 3.0.9
Joomla 3.4.3
Fresh Installation

Setup as instructed. Attempted Saving Config with Safe Path. Failed 405 Error, and a whackload of others telling me to increase execution time.
max_execution_time = 240
max_input_time = 240
memory_limit = 512M
This is a 10MB upload connection so it isn't timing out because of that. In fact it shouldn't be timing out at all, what did I save, 1 CHECKBOX?
Followed instructions in many of these posts all with the same results. What is wrong with Virtuemart. PLEASE fix it or help get this going.

jenkinhill

This sounds like a server issue. What host are you using?  With around 60,000 downloads of VM3.0.9 we have only a small handful of users with failed installs.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

baggeler

On download section, http://virtuemart.net/downloads, it is stated that VM 3 is compatible with Joomla 3.3, does it mean it is not compatible with versions higher than that, like the actual 3.4x or is the text there outdated?

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

AH

I am using Joomla 3.4 and all is ok - text must be out of date
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

responseit

Quote from: jenkinhill on July 07, 2015, 23:55:04 PM
This sounds like a server issue. What host are you using?  With around 60,000 downloads of VM3.0.9 we have only a small handful of users with failed installs.
This installation is on Hostgator.

jjk

Although there are
Quote from: responseit on July 07, 2015, 21:53:20 PM
Setup as instructed. Attempted Saving Config with Safe Path. Failed 405 Error, and a whackload of others telling me to increase execution time.
max_execution_time = 240
max_input_time = 240
memory_limit = 512M

Not sure if this is relevant in your case - if you have a shared hosting account at hostgator, your settings might be overridden by the limits described here:
http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed

responseit

Quote from: jjk on July 09, 2015, 19:30:59 PM
Although there are
Quote from: responseit on July 07, 2015, 21:53:20 PM
max_execution_time = 240
max_input_time = 240
memory_limit = 512M

Not sure if this is relevant in your case - if you have a shared hosting account at hostgator, your settings might be overridden by the limits described here:
http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/php-settings-that-cannot-be-changed
Thanks for the response. They are showing up in the PHP Info in Joomla as being active and Hostgator confirms the PHP.INI is actively being used.

Second the delay is ANY time I save the config, not doing anything in particular.

jjk

responseit

We have several different accounts including our own hosting server so I set it up there and attempted installation which succeeded. DEFINATELY something to do with Hostgator. If you'd like to privately test to help the community let me know.