News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Your changes are not saved the shopkeeper - vm 3.0.8 solved-> use JCE

Started by barbara80, April 30, 2015, 12:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbara80

Hello,
my versions are:  joomla 3.4.1 and vm 3.0.8
I tried to do alnune changes to the page of the merchant.
After making saves.
I noticed that the changes are ignored

barbara80

Please my site is to be published early in the week.
I think this is really a bug.
Whatever I try to save the page from the seller is not saved in the database.
I'm the only one with this problem?

lindapowers

Quote from: barbara80 on May 02, 2015, 12:11:00 PM
Please my site is to be published early in the week.
I think this is really a bug.
Whatever I try to save the page from the seller is not saved in the database.
I'm the only one with this problem?

If you mean the vendor with the shop description, legal terms etc I have the same issue in same version. Changes are ignored and changing language there has no effect. I edited changes directly in DB.

barbara80

Exactly, I mean just that.
I can not even change the model bill  :'(

Kerck

jenkinhill

I have just checked this in VM3.0.8 on J2.5.28 and J3.4.1 and in both cases I can edit & save vendor info and terms. I have tinyMCE set as editor and am set as superadmin-vendor.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

barbara80

I just tried with TinyMCE editor but the problem persists.
He tells me: (User data stored), but in reality nothing will be saved.

nub

Same here.

I have tried it with a fresh install of J3.4.1 and VM3.0.8, same problem.
J 3.4.1 | VM 3.0.8 | PHP 5.5

Frans D

I recently upgraded to J3.4.1 and VM3.0.8.
I just tested it; I can change and save the store data without any problem.
It's a multilingual store, with the use of SEF.
PHP version I am running is 5.5.12.

nub

For me it works too with the default language, but not for my second language.
And it concerns only the fields description, legal terms and legal information.

But i found a workaround:
If I set my second site language as default (Extensions -> Language Manager -> Installed - Side), I can edit the fields without any problem in my second language... For editing the fields in my first language, i have to set back my first language as default.

Maybe this helps anyone...
J 3.4.1 | VM 3.0.8 | PHP 5.5

lindapowers

Quote from: Frans D on May 02, 2015, 18:54:10 PM
I recently upgraded to J3.4.1 and VM3.0.8.
I just tested it; I can change and save the store data without any problem.
It's a multilingual store, with the use of SEF.
PHP version I am running is 5.5.12.

Does it work when trying to edit the additional languages?

I can edit default language, not the rest. Switching language there will show the default.

Frans D

I just tried and it does, but there is something strange going on.

I got two languages; Dutch and English.
Whenever all standard languages are set to Dutch and I change the English store description it keeps showing the Dutch description in the BE, choosing English still shows the Dutch store settings.
When I change the default languages to English, I see the English store description, but not the Dutch.
In the frontend I see the Dutch store description when I choose for Dutch and the English store description when I choose English.
So it is there and the changes are made in the not default language, however it just doesn't show the not default language in the BE at the store settings.

barbara80

I unfortunately can not make any type of change , they are blocked !  :'(

lindapowers

Quote from: Frans D on May 03, 2015, 14:15:08 PM
I just tried and it does, but there is something strange going on.

I got two languages; Dutch and English.
Whenever all standard languages are set to Dutch and I change the English store description it keeps showing the Dutch description in the BE, choosing English still shows the Dutch store settings.
When I change the default languages to English, I see the English store description, but not the Dutch.
In the frontend I see the Dutch store description when I choose for Dutch and the English store description when I choose English.
So it is there and the changes are made in the not default language, however it just doesn't show the not default language in the BE at the store settings.

Exactly that is the same bug we get. You change language in backend and the flag for that language appears giving the impression that is selected but the text that appears is always the default language.

You can use nub's solution if you really need to change it inmediately or directly in the database table for vendors in each language but there is definetly a bug or something strange in the backend.

jjk

There are two issues which come into my mind.
First, if you have a multilingual VM shop, use the JCE editor as the default Joomla editor. All others have problems with storing translations correctly. I think TinyMCE lost it's multilanguage compatibility with VM with its last update.
Second, depending on your multilanguage setup, the Joomla 3.4.1 languagefilter.php often fails. This will probably be fixed in Joomla 3.4.2.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations