News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Weird character generation

Started by slavonec, April 28, 2015, 23:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toocool

I think I got the problem. In SystemInformation the database alignment is latin1_swedish_ci.

lindapowers

Quote from: toocool on May 03, 2015, 14:34:26 PM
I think I got the problem. In SystemInformation the database alignment is latin1_swedish_ci.

I have that also.

GJC Web Design

I always use utf8_general_ci.. 
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

toocool

I modified to utf8 general ci but still bad. :/

toocool

I looked another joomla content source codes. It's normal, so It is VM problem!

Milbo

It works for others. And no one of you answered about the ACL setting. I think all the changes done by jören are unecessary.

btw the colllation of your table has nothing todo with it (it only affects sorting!)
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on May 04, 2015, 19:19:30 PM
It works for others. And no one of you answered about the ACL setting. I think all the changes done by jören are unecessary.

btw the colllation of your table has nothing todo with it (it only affects sorting!)

I tested the ACL setting but im superadmin and all those were allowed already.

Jörgen

@Milbo

I did a check in the official VM3 demo, the "problem" with visible #10 and #13 is there, so there could be something wrong with the settings for the demo user.

• Go to Product Categories and choose Wear->Mister.
  • Make a new line break
  • Save the text
  • Now You will see
    QuoteSample for Subcategory.
Select superordinated category in VM BE > Product Categories > Your Category in section Details > Category Ordering
  • Notice also the >
I understand that the demo user doesn´t have unlimited access. So maybe there is a clue here. If we are supposed to see >, 
 and 
 in the backend, please tell us so. Don´t tell us that no one else has the problem, because the problem is visible in the demo. It is not a biggie, but still very annoying.

Quote from my earlier post:
QuoteIf I insert category descriptions that has in the Virtuemart live demo (3.0.8.0) I get 
 for each linefeed so if there is some problem with the editor. The editor used in the latest Virtuemart demo certainly has the same issue.

Sorry that I haven´t answered about the ACL. I am logged in as superuser and can only see unlimited rights on all settings for the username.

With due respect, I will use my overrides until I find out the reason why this is happening .

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Milbo

Exactly,
When you change as demo user something in the BE, then anything is stored encoded. The whole reason for this is to give untrusted users the possibility to create/edit products. But actually it should not be seen, there is somewhere a doubled encode.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Jörgen

Thanks Milbo

Now we are going somewhere. I keep my overrides for now and move on with other issues. ;)

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.