News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to change the admin frontend UI

Started by ziman, April 28, 2015, 08:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziman

Hello,

I'm new to Virtuemart. Is there any way to change the admin frontend UI to look like the one in Virtuemat demo (http://demo.virtuemart.net/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&tmpl=component&view=product&task=edit&virtuemart_product_id=0&manage=1), and also to make it inside my website (with header, menu and footer).

I'm using Virtuemart 3.0.6.2 and Joomla 3.4.1

Attached is my admin frontend UI.

Studio 42

Hi,
If you want add menus, you have to add the modules positions in your template that you need in this file : JOOMLAROOT\templates\MYTEMPLATE\component.php
a simple body example :

<body>
<div class="nav">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="vmmanage-navbar"  style="xhtml" />
</div>
<jdoc:include type="message" />
<jdoc:include type="component" />

<div class="footer">
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="vmmanage-footer"  style="xhtml" />
</div>
</body>
</html>

this add a footer and navbar modules, if this are exiisting in Joomla.
The best is to use another names that your main tmplate, this why i used here : vmmanage-footer and vmmanage-navbar.
In Joomla you can directly enter a module position not existing in your template.

TO check if your mange virtuemart, control the manage=1.

use
$input = JFactory::getApplication()->input;
$manage = $input->get('manage');

and add condition when manage is set in your component.php file

sorry vm use the session

then use :

$session = JFactory::getSession();
$manage = vRequest::getCmd('manage',$session->get('manage', false,'vm'));

ziman

Thanks a lot Studio 42, and what about the admin frontend UI.

Studio 42

If you need to change the UI, then  you have to write your own CSS. YOu can always remove a CSS ON cheking the document CSS content. Of Course you have to know a little how Joomla work, but this don't need a Core Hack, with some CSS and hooks, you can completly change the Front end design to respect your own design.