News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Invoices Showing Blank on VirtueMart 2.6.6. Simple Help Needed

Started by kencoracing, April 24, 2015, 08:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kencoracing

Hi, Yes Another VirtueMart invoice Issue, I first would like to say this is my first Joomla and Virtuemart Store. I have limited experience in websites......

I am Using a Gavick Template called Bikestore. I am happy with the way it has turned out, but still fine tuning.... the website is www.kencoracing.com.au

Ok so i have done research on the invoices and to be honest I am in a spin, at the moment it is coming up with a blank screen. I have set safe path and there is no error coming up in backend. I was wondering if any one can give me simple advice, ok very simple advice on things i should be checking.... or should i just forget it and buy a VM invoice Plugin ?? and what are your suggestions ???

I am using Joomla 2.5.24
Virtuemart 2.6.6.
PHP Version   5.4.39
Database Version   5.6.23

jenkinhill

Firstly you should update your VirtueMart version to at least 2.6.10 as versions before that have critical security issues.  See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Current latest VM2 is VM2.6.17 ( http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files ), but you should test the update first on a backup copy of your site in case the template you are using also needs updating.

What do you mean by invoices are blank? Do you mean that the pdf files are created in the invoices directory within the safe path but have no content?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kencoracing

Hi and Thanks for the info, I am surprised that company behind my template has not done this.....

As far as Blank Invoice when i go to backend and go to virtuemart invoices it says this, Here you can configure the look of invoices, delivery notes etc. You can take a look at a preview page (after saving the changes) HERE.
When i Click here it shows Blank Screen and same when i but something...

Thanks

jenkinhill

Quote from: kencoracing on April 25, 2015, 10:19:18 AM
Hi and Thanks for the info, I am surprised that company behind my template has not done this.....

No template supplier will update your site for you. That is up to you as the site user to do. If their template is not suitable for the latest version then they should make updated files available, but you will need to ask them for the files.
For how to update see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123808

The way the invoice edit page's preview link works for me is that a pdf copy of the edited invoice is automaically downloaded to my PC, but this does depend on how your web browser is set up. I'm using Firefox 37.0.2

For the cause blank screen you should check your error logs. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=121692.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kencoracing

Hi, once again thanks for your Reply,

Ok so it is updated now to 2.6.18 as per their recommendation. I do understand that they do not update the template, however i have only downloaded the template some 2 months ago and thought it would of had a safe a virtuemart installed. In saying this i am only new at this so not sure what the norm is..... But in saying all this it is a lesson learnt and will continue to ensure it is kept up to date.

Ok so now i have updated it is coming up with this error on the blank screen, TCPDF ERROR: The XObject Template '' doesn't exist!
I do remember reading about the TCPDF File needs to be the right Version to suit the Virtuemart Version you are using ??????

If this is the case how would i know what version TCPDF suits what Version of Virtuemart ???