News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Help with delivery date

Started by quigley595, April 24, 2015, 02:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quigley595

Folks,
Please bear with me and excuse my ignorance.....   I have read the documntation and searched the forum, but cannot find out how to configure a Delivery Date.
I would be greatly appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction, or do I need to purchase a 3rd party extension?  (i can't believe that in a shopping component there is no delivery date functionality, so it MUST be my ignorance!)

I see a 'Delivery Date' on the Config, Checkout, defaulting to 'Same as invoice date', but when I check out, I would like to be able to enter a different delivery date per order, and besides, when using this default, the resulting database field in #_virtuemart_orders, simply contains "Same as invoice date" in the 'delivery_date' field (and this is a varchar field)

I have tried to set up a custom Shopper Field 'Delivery Date', (as a date field), with all radio buttons on, except for 'Read Only'.
When I go to the checkout, I get a notice for 'Missing value Delivery Date", no matter what I enter......

Im really desperate to get this going.

I am using:  VM 3.0.7  and  Joomla 3.4.1
thanks in advance,
Mike

quigley595

Any thoughts folks?
I could simply change the text on the 'special instructions' comment box to read something like: 'Delivery details and othe comments', but that is a bit lumpy....  a date entry would be so much better.

thanks,
Mike

GJC Web Design

your mixing up two unrelated things

the admin setting "Delivery date" is afaik just a date on the invoice related to your choice

If you want the client to input a delivery date then a shopper field as you say you have done is the correct way

have you selected the  Show in cart form?

tried with the std. protostar template?

works fine for me
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

quigley595

Thanks so much for your reply.......    I am beginning to despair about this thing! 
I have tried the Protostar template, and it is still the same.

I have attached 3 images:   the config for the shopper field "Delivery Date", the language overrides, and the shopping cart showing the nature of the issue.
I have tried setting the 'Field Length' in the shopper field to 10, but still the same issue.

If you could give me a few pointers, I would be most indebted to you!

thanks,
Mike

GJC Web Design

my admin setup is identically to yours

but what do u mean "enter" ?

look at my screen - there is a date picker - where's yours?
I enter nothing
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

quigley595

Thanks again for your reply.

Yes....  that is the problem.......    I think the config is OK, but no datepicker is showing.
When I say "enter" , I mean that,  because there is no datepicker popup, I try to enter the date in the Delivery Date field (where it currently contains "- Never -")...  and of course... still no go.

This is why it is driving me nuts.... pulling what is left of my hair out :-) :-)

Mike