News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

2 products as one

Started by pm4698, April 23, 2015, 08:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm4698

Hello there.

I have vm 2.6.10 and joomla 2.5.x.

Assume that you have one product with for example SKU 12345 and you would like to create a new product that consists of 2 same products.

Is this possible somehow in order not to create new SKU for the new product to be like an offer product that consists of 2 same products?

Thank you in advance

jenkinhill

The SKU is not set as unique in VM so simply clone the product, in the clone set the price & description (& stock if you use it). Job done.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pm4698

I tried to clone one product, i get a message that product was cloned and then i cannot find the product. How is the new product will be named?With what SKU?In order to find the clone created one?

jenkinhill

It has the same name and SKU. The manufacturer & proce are not cloned IIRC.  Have not tested on that old 2.6.10 version, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pm4698

Yes probably not working because when i clone a product then it says product cloned successfully but i cannot find the cloned product

balai