News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

"Please enter your address first" appearing on Cart

Started by geoffr, April 22, 2015, 03:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geoffr

I'm setting up VM 3.0.6.4 on Joomla 3.4.1.  When I put an item in my cart, then view the cart (/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=cart), at the top of the page, the Notice: "Please enter your address first"  appears. 

How can I get rid of this?

thanks,
Geoff

jenkinhill

You possibly have some country/location conditions in your shipping plugin so shipping cannot be calculated & shown in the cart without the delivery address being made available first.

There are many ways to use language & template overrides to change the cart appearance & layout and several 3rd party one page checkout extensions for those who prefer a simpler solution to changing the cart.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Rune Rasmussen

Well, in older versions of VirtueMart all shipment and payment options displayed, but not any longer after updating.

T.ex. having a store selling to mostly one country only you logically will like to restrict shipment options to this country because of shipping fees, and make it default. Then adding the stores country id as default in user fields would make it work in at least VM2.6 - but not in VM 3.0.6+

Now in 3.0.9 nothing displays, not even those without restrictions, when there is several options enabled. Most of the cart is broken these days.

Weird...
Rune Rasmussen - https://www.syntaxerror.no/

Norwegian Translation Team