News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

install/update generates: 405 Not Allowed -or- please rise execution time and up

Started by wsffa, April 12, 2015, 22:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ultravelvet

hi backwardsfish,

please let me know if the memory_limit increase helps.  unfortunately, the host that Mr. Hill uses is in the UK.  I'm in the US.  I contacted Hostgator and they won't budge on increasing max_execution_time (unless of course, I upgrade to a VPS package).  i'll likely be looking for another host for the production site. 
I saw a list of hosts on virtuemart's site...I'll be making some inquiries.

jenkinhill

United Hosting do have servers in the US as well as the UK, I have US clients hosted there.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

backwardsfish

I confirmed my settings as max_execution 300 and max_memory 256MB.

Still receiving error.

compareUpdateTable alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

backwardsfish

It's worth pointing out that the store seems to function okay EXCEPT adding pictures to new products or modifying pictures of existing products. Although I also see "Max messages reached" so there could be a TON of un-updated tables that haven't been read yet on simple testing.

backwardsfish

Quote from: brentonking on July 14, 2015, 01:38:45 AM
----- UPDATE -----

I manually imported install.sql, install_essential_data.sql & install_required_data.sql in to my database (via phpmyadmin) and that seemed to resolve most of my issues. I just had to copy the "_virtuemart_orderstates" values again to fix the order status issue.

I know that this might just be MY particular issue, however I thought it could be helpful. If I had to guess I'd say whatever issue was causing the timeout for me, may have been related to the SQL database edits during install.

This seems to be a solution. Logging into phpmyAdmin to take a peek around. Any advice? Brentonking?

backwardsfish

I manually imported with myPHPadmin as mentioned by BrentonKing. But got a duplicate entry error. Deleted the table mentioned in duplicate. Imported again. Images still giving error but now more specifically, a missing column error on save. Went to the table, manually added the column ("file_class" for the record) images now saving ok.

Shop seems to function. Won't know for sure till it's tested a bit more. "install update tables STILL give a "increase execution time" error and I think I've given it more than enough time and memory in settings through my ISP so something must be wonky with that specific command for my setup. Hopefully there aren't any more missing columns.

BUT, I do also see a new green message box "Database Updated" under all the yellow errors that I either never noticed previous, or wasn't there. So perhaps it is complete?

These errors ALSO come up if I try to re-install the component via a local directory vs upload through browser.

Assume no news is good news from me on this topic going forward. Thanks everybody!

ultravelvet

@Mr. Hill: I will take another look at United Hosting, since you've indicated they have US servers.

@backwardsfish: what concerns me is that you shouldn't be getting any database errors at all.  i'm so rusty w/ VM, but my limited experience w/ older versions of VM were quite error-free and smooth. if your host allowed the increases to execution time & memory and VM is still not behaving well, then I'm still scratching my head about VM 3.0.9.  i may pay for one month of hosting somewhere else to see how things go. 

Milbo

Quote from: ultravelvet on July 23, 2015, 20:47:39 PM
can you please indicate a host(s) where vm version 3.0.x has been successful? and what is the max execution time setting that is appropriate?
Use this link http://virtuemart.net/download

Scroll down to see our recommended hosters.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Rene.C

Hello,
sory i speak bad english.
I have the same problem and I do not understand why.
504 error when I install virtuemart. Like if I use the table repair tool.
When I go through PHPmyadmin to install tables by hand, some tables in the script are still missing on the server.
Joomla! 3.8.13
VirtueMart 3.4.2
max_execution_time 600
memory_limit 512M
post_max_size 128M
upload_max_filesize 1G
Current PHP version: 7.2
Hosting Mochahost.com
I do not know how to deal with this anymore.
My host says that the problem comes from the component.
com_tcpdf_1.0.5.zip and com_virtuemart_ext_aio.zip installs itself without any problem as well as other components.
there may be a problem with a component? RSfirwall for example?
Do you have a solution ?
Thank you

GJC Web Design

As we have said in this post .. your host is not suitable if u are having these problems...

All hosts are not created equal .. some are not fit for purpose..

If your host won't fix this then find a decent host
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Rene.C

Hello,
I see withe my host.
there is a new problem !
when I install the component I no longer have a 504 error but a gray window that opens to say that there is an error (see photo). strange because the other components are installed without problem.
Do you have a solution ?
Thank's lot

GJC Web Design

It is pointless asking the same question in different ways .. the answer remains .. your server/host
No one else has these problems
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Rene.C

Hello,
My host said :

" The problem is due to the fact that your cpanel account reaches hosting limits, the exact error is as follows:

Wed Oct 31 02: 31: 42.588938 2018: error pid 2961 mod_hostinglimits: Error on LVE, enter: LVE (1844) HANDLER (fcgid-script) HOSTNAME (phenixinstitut.com) URL (/index.php) TID (2961) errno ( 7) Read more: http: // e. cloudlinux.com/MHL-E2BIG min_uid (1000) "

My plan :
Physical Memory Usage
123.46 MB / 4 GB ( 3% )
CPU Usage
3 / 100 ( 3% )
Number Of Processes
1 / 200 ( 1% )

do you think their answer is right?
Is there a solution to this problem?
thank you  :)

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum