install/update generates: 405 Not Allowed -or- please rise execution time and up

Started by wsffa, April 12, 2015, 22:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsffa

Environment #1:
    Joomla 3.4.0
    VirtueMart 3.0.6.2
    MySQL 5.5.40-36.1
    PHP 5.5.22
    max_execution_time 30
    memory_limit 256M

This is a fully configured and functioning site, including Virtuemart.

Environment #2:
    Joomla 3.4.1
    VirtueMart 3.0.7
    MySQL 5.5.40-36.1
    PHP 5.5.22
    max_execution_time 30
    memory_limit 256M

Consists of an unconfigured Joomla core plus unconfigured Virtuemart.

= = = = =
Environment #1 started out with Virtuemart 3.0.4, I then upgraded it to 3.0.6.2, the first time it failed, but after restoring my backup and trying again, it eventually worked.  When I tried to upgrade Virtuemart 3.0.6.4, eventually I got the error: "405 Not Allowed".  If I drop the session and relogin to the administrator, I get a mile long list of "alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again" types errors again.  I've repeated the cycle with each of the subsequent updates to Virtuemart: 3.0.6.4, 3.0.7, and 3.0.7.2.  I've tried a variety of scenarios, upgrading the core Joomla to 3.4.1, and then Virtuemart, upgrading to varying releases of Virtuemart, all with the same results.

I then tried to create a minimalist instance - Environment #2.  First I tried to load Joomla 3.4.1 and Virtuemart 3.0.6.4 and encountered the same problem during the install process.  Following a forum suggestion, I eventually created an wampp installation on my PC, loaded Joomla 3.4.1 and Virtuemart 3.0.7 (plus AIO).  The installation process appeared to go well, so I backed it up with AkeebaBackup and moved it back to my development server. I logged into the server version, attempted to modify and save the first word of the Virtuemart shop down message and save it.  After several seconds, it eventually timed out with a mile long list of:

alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

compareUpdateTable alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

I then tried invoking the "Install or if necessary update tables" under Virtuemart > Tools > DB Tools, same problem.

And as a last ditch effort, I tried to upgrade it to 3.0.7.2, same results

At this point, it's been impossible for me to upgrade my system past VirtueMart 3.0.6.2, which is obviously unacceptable.

I've turned on vmdebug and don't see any errors.

Any one have any other suggestions?  (Please don't suggest increasing the max_execution_time, I don't have access to it, and the hosting provider won't do it.  Plus, I don't see why a 'minor' upgrade should all of a sudden start causing such problems).

GJC Web Design

it does sound like your execution time is too short ..

If your host won't raise it my response would be to vote with my feet and change host..

other wise why not Akeeba-> install locally xamp-> upgrade etc -> check-> akeeba-> install complete on host

Or won't akeeba run on the host either?

The expand the jpa locally -> upload to server- run installer

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

wsffa

Changing hosting services is not at an option at this time.

With respect to using using xampp
- it makes it rather difficult for multiple people to be able to do the work
- makes it difficult to do maintenance when I don't have access to my 'staging' PC
- if you'll check my notes, even doing that did not solve the problem, to re-iterate:

... moved it back to my development server. I logged into the server version, attempted to modify and save the first word of the Virtuemart shop down message and save it.  After several seconds, it eventually timed out with a mile long list of:

alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

compareUpdateTable alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again

Any other ideas?

GJC Web Design

don't follow your answer - your complaining that you can't update

this is a one time process - do it on Xamp and then ftp it back up - where's the problem?
Who needs to collaborate?

the other errors you mention - what have they to do with updating? There is no auto update script that fires when you do some admin...
So what is causing the administrator\components\com_virtuemart\helpers\tableupdater.php script to run again (which is where these messages come from) when you say you just saved an admin task?

But - if you want to stay with a crap host then that is your decision - but don't complain when the results are disappointing..
Am always amazed how people cling to a duff host like an old sick favourite uncle...  when the obvious solution is to get a good one.. (uncle &/or host)
GJC Web Design
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component

dinoide

I have the same problems with VM...

Can you give us a real and concrete solution for this?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design

vanek79

Milbo

Actually I dont think the host is the problem. I think the problem is your slow upload. So uploading and executing the script takes too long.
Furthermore your host seem to prevent the higher execution time set by the script. So one solution is to upload and extract the package to a tmp folder and use the "local install" option.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MAD King

Quote from: Milbo on May 20, 2015, 17:08:33 PM
Actually I dont think the host is the problem. I think the problem is your slow upload. So uploading and executing the script takes too long.
Furthermore your host seem to prevent the higher execution time set by the script. So one solution is to upload and extract the package to a tmp folder and use the "local install" option.

I did this. Uploaded the whole package, tried to install from web, unpacked the package to the temp. Everytime I have the same notice:

QuoteWarning

alterColumns alterKey not finished, please rise execution time and update tables again...........
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

Steev J

Same issue with last two versions. (3.0.8 and now 3.0.9)
Using Joomla: 3.4.1.
Using Host: Hostgator
PHP Version: 5.4
max_execution_time: 180 (can change but 30 was always fine besides basic settings changes should not time out)

Changing basic settings, for example " Use only as catalogue " causes a timeout/405 Error
Did not use to do that prior to 3.0.8.

Do not not know what to do next.

Any luck wsffa ? .. and anybody else ?

MAD King

Tried to update again to 3.0.9 through upload, extract to temp and install, still the same error after 5 minutes of installing.
Joomla! 4.3.4
VirtueMart 4.2.4 10922

adham

Hi!
I have the same problem, but not with installation but rather when saving the config. I am running the latest joomla and VM. It is making using VM impossible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

adham

By the way this started after the installation of tcpdf not sure if it has anything to do with the error

Milbo

Quote from: wsffa on April 12, 2015, 22:44:27 PM
  After several seconds, it eventually timed out with a mile long list of:

I then tried invoking the "Install or if necessary update tables" under Virtuemart > Tools > DB Tools, same problem.

And as a last ditch effort, I tried to upgrade it to 3.0.7.2, same results

At this point, it's been impossible for me to upgrade my system past VirtueMart 3.0.6.2, which is obviously unacceptable.

I've turned on vmdebug and don't see any errors.

VM is doing table updates. This table updates are meant to go one-way, that means downgrading your VM can lead to lost data. So when you tried to update to a version and you get "please rise execution time and update tables again". Then just follow the hint and go to the tools, use "Install or if necessary update tables" again. The process itself needs for the sample data just 1-2 seconds. What we do is optimising the table layout for enhanced speed. If you have a big database it can take a bit longer, in that case => just use the tool again. The messages should change and indicate a progress, else there is another problem.

And as I mentioned before, in your case I think it is just the upload time. Remind if you have 30 seconds execution time and it takes 25 seconds to upload the package, joomla/VM has only 5 seconeds left to execute. The update takes usually 5 seconds, the rest is upload time.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rs3511

I have the same issue using hostgator and vm 3.0.8 and higher versions. I get 504 timeout error when saving configuration changes and trying to install/update table changes. I get an error and warning when uploading images for new products.

1054 Unknown column 'file_class' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `cueap_virtuemart_medias` (`virtuemart_media_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`,`file_title`,`file_description`,`file_meta`,`file_class`,`file_mimetype`,`file_type`,`file_url`,`file_url_thumb`,`published`,`file_is_downloadable`,`file_is_forSale`,`file_is_product_image`,`shared`,`file_params`,`file_lang`,`created_on`,`created_by`,`modified_on`,`modified_by`) VALUES ('0','1','GolfTournament5.png','','','','image/png','product','images/stories/virtuemart/product/GolfTournament5.png','','1','0','0','0','0','','','2015-06-12 14:56:52','484','2015-06-12 14:56:52','484')

Warning