News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Weird order status created when order is generated

Started by JacoboPS, April 10, 2015, 09:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacoboPS

When an order is generated, I get three lines about ORDER STATUS, the last two I understand are correct, but what about the first one? Not even the date has sense...
This is what I can see this on the backend when checking the status of a test order generated yesterday:

Date Added                        Shopper Notified?    Status                                                                            Comment
Friday, 06 March 2015 06:04    No                   COM_VIRTUEMART_UNKNOWN_ORDER_STATUS   Order deleted    :o
Thursday, 09 April 2015 09:25    No                   Pending   
Thursday, 09 April 2015 09:25    Yes                   Confirmed

Any idea about where the problem could be? I just attach the screenshot of the order status configuration.

Thank you very much for any idea!
Learning, pulling hair out, learning...

jenkinhill

You obviously dont have the COM_VIRTUEMART_UNKNOWN_ORDER_STATUS  constant translated in the language file. Create an override for it entering the value of whatever you like, eg "unknown".

That constant is not part of VM3.0.8 - but you don't give your versions.

forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JacoboPS

Ok, once I have created the override, I don't see the constant, but I still have the same doubt... Why is that "unknown status" created when an order is created/placed? And what in a different date than the real one?

Date Added                           Shopper Notified?    Status           Comment
Friday, 06 March 2015 06:04    No                   Status unknown     Order deleted
Thursday, 09 April 2015 09:25    No                           Pending   
Thursday, 09 April 2015 09:25    Yes                           Confirmed

Just the last two lines have sense.

jenkinhill

According to the comment you have "Order deleted" - so it no longer exists.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JacoboPS

Correct! But I get this line/status created for each order even if it is completed succesfully. That is the weird thing.

wiesiu

Hello!

I have exacly the same problem.

Any idea about where the problem could be? This is very important issue.
Thank you very much for any idea!
Greetings

AH

check your database tables  relating to

orders
order_items
orderstates
order etc....

Looks like you have some bad data or old data in there!
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

StefanSTS

Same here,

COM_VIRTUEMART_UNKNOWN_ORDER_STATUS

after a migration to VM 3 the virtuemart_order_id was not autoincremented from the right ID onwards.
The migration left some order statusses with "-" instead of the regular "U", "P" and so on in #_virtuemart_order_histories.

So new orders took the old IDs and with them the order status "-".

Changing the value for the next virtuemart_order_id in #_virtuemart_orders did the job.

Hope it helps
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

bazaarefarda

Thanks StefanSTS.
I'm having the same problem.
Do not from payment extension?
Please explain further that the solution?