1054 - Unknown column 'virtuemart_cart_id' ... while log in

Started by izig, April 09, 2015, 13:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izig

Hi,

I have a site running with VirtueMart 3.0.6.2. on Joomla 3.4.1. It was upgraded from the previous latest Joomla and VirtueMart (version 2 of both).
PHP version: 5.4.36-0+deb7u3
Apache: 2.2.22-13+deb7u4

The problem I have is that when a user is logged into the shop, he can't add nothing to the cart, simply can't press the add button.

If I'm not logged in, I can add items to the cart but once I'll try to log in, I'll get the following error:
1054 - Unknown column 'virtuemart_cart_id' in 'field list' SQL=SELECT `virtuemart_cart_id` FROM `koeu0_virtuemart_carts` WHERE `virtuemart_user_id` = "167"

That's the site address (it's in Hebrew so not sure it will help):
http://www.yonishobby.co.il

Thanks,
Izi

izig

And one more error I found, when pressing the "Sort By", I get a 404 with the following error:
1054 - Unknown column 'c.category_name' in 'order clause' SQL=SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS p.`virtuemart_product_id` FROM `koeu0_virtuemart_products` as p LEFT JOIN `koeu0_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups` as ps ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `ps`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `koeu0_virtuemart_product_categories` as pc ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `pc`.`virtuemart_product_id` WHERE ( `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` = 22 AND ( `ps`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`= "1" OR `ps`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` IS NULL ) AND p.`published`="1" ) group by p.`virtuemart_product_id` ORDER BY c.category_name ASC LIMIT 0, 12

After that, I can't access any category until I clean the browser cache.
I can get the main page and the products, but any category will return the above error.

Thanks

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

izig

Upgraded to 3.0.6.4, during the process of installing "com_virtuemart.3.0.6.4.zip", I got the following messages:

Warning
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_carts` ADD virtuemart_cart_id INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST

Error
Error installing component
In the admin panel it shows 3.0.6.4 but I still have the same issue as described above.

Also updated the PHP version to 5.4.39-0+deb7u2

Examining the database, looks like there is no column named "virtuemart_cart_id" in the "virtuemart_carts" table.
Looks like the installer couldn't add it.

Edit:
The "virtuemart_user_id" column is marked as AUTO_INCREMENT, that's probably the reason the installation script couldn't add the "virtuemart_cart_id" with AUTO_INCREMENT to the table.

Waiting for your advise whether to manually remove the AUTO_INCREMENT from the "virtuemart_user_id" and run the installer again.

Thanks

izig

So with the help of phpMyAdmin, was able to run the installation with some progress and got the following:
Notice
alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_carts.virtuemart_cart_id : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_carts` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_cart_id` `virtuemart_cart_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST

alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_carts.virtuemart_user_id : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_carts` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_user_id` `virtuemart_user_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `virtuemart_cart_id`

alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos.agreed : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos` CHANGE COLUMN `agreed` `agreed` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `email`

alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos.tos : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos` CHANGE COLUMN `tos` `tos` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `agreed`

alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos.customer_note : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos` CHANGE COLUMN `customer_note` `customer_note` VARCHAR(2500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `tos`

Table updated: Tablename koeu0_virtuemart_carts dropped: 0 altered: 2 added: 0
Table updated: Tablename koeu0_virtuemart_order_userinfos dropped: 0 altered: 3 added: 0

Warning
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_ratings` DROP INDEX `virtuemart_product_id`

Played a little more, run again the installer:

Warning
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_ratings` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_rating_id` `virtuemart_rating_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST

And now I'm stocked in this stage:

Notice
alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos.agreed : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos` CHANGE COLUMN `agreed` `agreed` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `zip`

alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos.tos : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos` CHANGE COLUMN `tos` `tos` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `agreed`

alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos.customer_note : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos` CHANGE COLUMN `customer_note` `customer_note` VARCHAR(2500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `tos`

Table updated: Tablename koeu0_virtuemart_userinfos dropped: 0 altered: 3 added: 0

Warning
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_vmusers` DROP INDEX `u_virtuemart_user_id`

Couldn't find yet a way to fix this one. Will appreciate any assistance.
As this is an upgrade from a store with information, I can't just drop the table and let the script re create it.

Thanks

Studio 42

If you can :
remove the PREFIX_virtuemart_carts table that had some problems.
run in mysql (change PREFIX by the name of your table prefix):
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `PREFIX_virtuemart_carts` (
  `virtuemart_cart_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `virtuemart_user_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `virtuemart_vendor_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
  `cartData` VARBINARY(50000),
  `created_on` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `created_by` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `modified_on` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `modified_by` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`virtuemart_cart_id`),
  KEY `virtuemart_vendor_id` (`virtuemart_vendor_id`),
  KEY `virtuemart_user_id` (`virtuemart_user_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 COMMENT='Used to store the cart' AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;

For the other tables
alter mean change type of data
simply go in the table having failure and change it manually
for eg:
alterTable CHANGE koeu0_virtuemart_carts.virtuemart_cart_id : ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_carts` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_cart_id` `virtuemart_cart_id` INT(1)
mean the column have to be an int as type

izig

Thanks. I was able to fix the virtuemart_carts table.

The problem I'm facing at the moment is the virtuemart_vmusers table. This is the relevant code from the installer:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `#__virtuemart_vmusers` (
  `virtuemart_user_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `virtuemart_vendor_id` smallint(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `user_is_vendor` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `customer_number` char(32),
  `virtuemart_paymentmethod_id` mediumint(1) UNSIGNED,
  `virtuemart_shipmentmethod_id` mediumint(1) UNSIGNED,
  `agreed` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `created_on` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `created_by` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `modified_on` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `modified_by` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `locked_on` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  `locked_by` int(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  PRIMARY KEY (`virtuemart_user_id`),
  KEY `virtuemart_vendor_id` (`virtuemart_vendor_id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `u_virtuemart_user_id` (`virtuemart_user_id`,`virtuemart_vendor_id`),
  KEY `user_is_vendor` (`user_is_vendor`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=1 COMMENT='Holds the unique user data' ;

That's the error from the VM installation:
Warning
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key SQL=ALTER TABLE `koeu0_virtuemart_vmusers` CHANGE COLUMN `virtuemart_user_id` `virtuemart_user_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT FIRST

And when trying to run it manually from the mysql command line:
mysql> ALTER TABLE `kobt0_virtuemart_vmusers` CHANGE `virtuemart_user_id` `virtuemart_user_id` INT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;
ERROR 1075 (42000): Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key

I can't delete this table as it contains information. I deleted the Index virtuemart_user_id.

Thanks again.

izig

Thanks for all the assistance.
In the end, I deleted the indexes of each table that got an error during the installation and re-created new indexes according to what I found in the sql installation script.

Ran the VM installation process and done without any error.

I think that the installer should have a way to detect and existing Indexes, remove them if possible and add them again.

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Izi