News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Specific price for specific users at the same product

Started by Mare888, April 09, 2015, 00:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mare888

Hey there,

I´m building a private platform for a few costumers only.
I would like to have a specific price for each costumer at the same product.

For example:

-Costumer A can buy product 1 for $3.00
-Costumer B can buy product 1 for $8.00
-Costumer C can buy product 1 for $22.00
etc.

I could do this with shopper groups and a lot of different products. But I want a dynamic solution.
If anyone can help me pls write here in forum.

Thanks and best regards,

Mare888

AH

The shopper group aligns a shopper with a range of options - all can differentiation charges

Pricing
Discounts
Shipping
Payment

To achieve what you wish - you may consider the use of shoppergroups associated with the "Taxes and Calculation rules"

For example:

Start with a price that non shoppergroup members will see - it is a good idea to make this the highest price, e.g. $22

This is the starting price for all customers including shoppergroups

So we now have a single price and shoppergroups A,B,C

Add the calculation rules -  required to achieve the pricing A, B, C etc (this will be the rule to modify the starting price to achieve the shoppergroup price)

e.g. price modifier before tax /  -% / discountamount (e.g. 10)

Then select the shoppergroup to which this discount will apply.

If this %age of discount needs to be varied by category/shoppergroup (i.e the %age of discount varies based on the category of the item as well as the customer shoppergroup) you can also select the category.   (You will of course then need to create more calculation methods using this method - but it does give you flexibility)

If you discount structure is simple - you might end up with the following structure

one price per product
N shoppergroups
one calculation rule per shoppergroup
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Mare888

thank you for your fast reply.

the problem is that the prices are changing too fast and each few days i would need to creat new shoppergroups which will end in a chaos i guess :)
I will think about your idea again and see how much work it is and how flexible.

Thanks.