VirtueMart 3.0.6 Images disapear when - Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing - off

Started by bogusj, March 25, 2015, 05:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogusj

Hi,

I confirm that the problem still exists after so many versions with:
Joomla 3.2 and VirtueMart 3.0.6
As you can see, this old thread describes the same problem with VM2: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=102214.0
I'm having a big problem about this, since I'm using CDN and compressing all the images with jpegtran, in order to increase the performance and SEO score.
Is there any way around this?

I would REALLY appreciate any feedback!

Thanks in advance.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 3 is somewhat incompatible with Joomla 3.2 - it really needs J3.3+    and while you are at it, update VM to 3.0.6.4
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bogusj

Hi @jenkinhill ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I performed the update, however the problem remains. Is there any way to work around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Milbo

Quote from: shaikeomra on May 04, 2012, 13:21:50 PM
If you Upload with the option active and then turn it off the images disappear.

Fresh install Vm with sample data, start to populate the store with new items.
I change the url to \images\category
- Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing- [off]
- Synchronize media to VirtueMart (Everything is OK)

Them the problem occur:
All the upload images in VM backend: Product categories/[SelectedCategory]/images(tab)

I dont understand the problem. When you upload images without dynamic thumbnail resizing, no thumbnails are created for you. The dynamic means that they are created on the fly, not the size. When I disable the thumbnail resizing, I see the already created thumbnails.

The thread shown above is obsolete, because the code changed a lot in that area since vm2.0.6. There is a new tool, maybe use it first.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

bogusj

Hi Milbo,

Thanks for your always valuable feedback.
Here is a better description of the problem:
I tried disabling "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing" VM option, however it results to not loading all product images correctly. I m talking about the old uploaded images, not the new ones that are uploaded. The strange thing is that it does not happen with all images. Please have a look at the following screen caps:
1. Correct images loading (with "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing" enabled):

2. Incorrect Images loading (with "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing" disabled):

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bogusj

Sorry to bother, but does anybody have any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

bogusj

Hi,

I managed to resolve the problem.
I have to clear things up and say that Virtuemart has no problem.
The problem was because, I had some time ago imported some products using CSVI and due to bad configuration some thumb images paths were corrupted with the result not to be displayed. And that's why the problem was only with specific images. VM was bypassing this problem when "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing" option was enabled. After I fixed the wrong paths problem and disabling the "Enable Dynamic Thumbnail Resizing" option, the images are displayed normally.
I just wanted to share this with you, just in case someone else faces the same problem.

Thanks again for your feedback. :)

Milbo

Thank you for for the detailled explanation. It explains also why no one answered anylonger. It was really hard to understand. Nice to hear, that you solved it
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member