Cronjob to send automatically email of order status

Started by travelbaba, April 04, 2015, 22:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travelbaba

Cronjob to send automatically email of order status

Hey guys,

I'm sure Im' not the first to think about it...

I'm looking for a solution to send daily an automatic email to customers informing about the order status ( until the order is shipped).

I've connected pretty well a software with virtuemart, so I can import availability and prices and export orders.

Everything works fine. I could also be able to import status change when product is shipped. Ok.

Now in my limited programming skills I was planning follow:

1) Import the status daily from software

2) fire a corn that read the order status and send the email

3) if the status is Shipped don't send.

Is it possible?

Thanks for any suggestion

Matteo

lindapowers

This doesnt make sense at all sorry.

The email confirming the order already exists when the order is created.

You can click to notify customers on order status change ( yes a way to change status of multiple orders would be cool).

Also customers have the vm account page to check the status of their order.

I dont see the need the cron email here.

travelbaba

Let's say that ideal is to send email on status change.

a way to change status of multiple orders is already available with a famous component for import and export CSV for virtuemart.

The need is real in order to avoid hudreds of phone call from customers ("where is my products?, when they will be shipped") and so on...

lindapowers

Quote from: travelbaba on April 07, 2015, 14:41:33 PM
Let's say that ideal is to send email on status change.

a way to change status of multiple orders is already available with a famous component for import and export CSV for virtuemart.

The need is real in order to avoid hudreds of phone call from customers ("where is my products?, when they will be shipped") and so on...

What component?

There is already an option to send email on status change.

Sorry but I dont get what you demand.

travelbaba

Yes, but I need to do it automatically!

The software changes the order status ( ie when the products are shipped:S , or when the order is imported: C).
A cronjob should automatically send a order status report to customer.

I don't want to go everytime to admin area of joomla, it need to do it automatically.

travelbaba

Already done, thanks for your "useless", when you will get 100 orders a day, you will know what means to change to oredr status one by one....

AH

I fully agree that this is NOT a useless requirement

Manually updating multiple shipped orders is a real time thief.

We have automated the update of order status using a backend import directly to the database

No emails get sent - but our shipper sends these automatically for us - so we never wanted the e-mails to go out
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

Quote from: travelbaba on April 08, 2015, 11:35:47 AM
Already done, thanks for your "useless", when you will get 100 orders a day, you will know what means to change to oredr status one by one....

We already have 100 per day dont worry.

I made a post time ago about changing status of multiple orders, that however is not the requierement you posted.

slammy

Ui. If u all have 100 orders a day pay the devs to develop your own extension. Don forget that most of the users do not have hundreds a day. And not all shop business models want to inform their buyers every single day - even if nothing is changed! Think about products with delivery time (furniture as an example). For me, ut sounds like that the given functionality within vm, for multiple order changes should be improved. Why not pay together!?

AH

QuoteI made a post time ago about changing status of multiple orders, that however is not the requierement you posted.

Might be a good idea to link to it here if for vm2/3
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

lindapowers

Quote from: Hutson on April 09, 2015, 10:31:52 AM
QuoteI made a post time ago about changing status of multiple orders, that however is not the requierement you posted.

Might be a good idea to link to it here if for vm2/3

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=120939.0

travelbaba

Lets' say 100 orders may come ;-)

But I still confirm that for me is an important function.

Example is that everyday our customer phone us and ask: "which is the status of our order? Did you ship it?"

Ok, every afternoon they receive an order status notification: in progress, shipped, delayed

Not so far... what I did is to load the orders.php pages with order flagged only if the status is different as shipped.

Ok, the order status is changed directly from database, so the customer can vereify the order status in the section "list orders".

I could trigger in some way the

JToolBarHelper::save('updatestatus', vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_UPDATE_STATUS'));

in  view.html.php on page load.

But I have onother problem, if there is no status change on page, the message is: No change, please change the status in the orders to update it !

Where I can bypass the control of status change, so I could send always the notification email, even if there is no status change in this page?

Thanks