News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Strange cart behaviour: loop, empty, etc.

Started by Frans D, April 02, 2015, 19:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frans D

J 3.4.0.
VM 3.0.6.2.

Hi there,

I've spend already many hours on the following problem, but can't find a solution.

Whenever I order something and go to the cart; I am having very strange behaviour like;
- Cart is empty.
- Order goes through but I get a separate extra invoice for the shipping costs (while these are already mentioned in the Original order).
- Looping: I am having the confirm order page 3 times in a row and the third time, the order finally goes through.
- All goes well, but at the final page, I just get a "thank you for the order" message and the button "view order" is missing.

Whenever I make an adjustment in the backend, usually the first order goes without any problems, however at any following orders I get above behaviour.

I've tried already loads of things, overwriting VM and template files etc. etc.

The last thing I tried, was putting a copy of the site local with XAMP.
Strangest thing is that overthere everything goes well...

The online version is installed on a subdomain.
I am using a template called Reviver and because I don't like having installed components I made a clean install; So seperately installed Joomla, Virtuemart, template, etc.
You might think, okay the problem is within the subdomain.
However, on another subdomain of the same domain, I did a quickstart installation of the template maker and overthere the cart is working fine.

So quickstart installation on a subdomain; No problem with the cart.
Everything seperately installed on a subdomain; Crazy cart behaviour.
The same website with the crazy cart behaviour installed locally: Cart acts normal.

I'm kind of lost and am pulling my hair out.
I am hoping someone overhere can shine a light on this problem.

The sites are behind closed, because they are in developement.
However if someone wants to take a peak, I can pass the url and inlog through pm.

Thanks in advance.

Frans

GJC Web Design

The 1st thing is to eliminate the unknowns - e.g the template .. what happens with the bog std. protostar?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Frans D

Hi CJG,

I was just about to give a reply on this topic.
The Protostar template is still present.
I was reading a tip overhere in a topic, to switch off as many modules as possible on the VM shopping page, to see if a problem still exist.
I just switched off the category menu and I was 5 times in a row able, to succesfully place an order, without cart problems.
I am about to go to bed and will do some more testing tomorrow.

Frans D

Well, the normal behaviour was temporary again...
After some more test orders, the cart started behaving weird again.

So to exclude as many factors as possible, I removed the Reviver template and went solo on Protostar.
The webshop page has nothing else on it, no menu's, no modules.

The same happens overthere, first order, just fine, all other orders; empty card.

So I switched on Joomla and VM error reporting and when trying to make an order, I see the following;

(System info:
Database Version  5.1.69 
Database Collation  utf8_general_ci 
PHP Version  5.5.12 
Web Server  Apache 
WebServer to PHP Interface  cgi-fcgi) 

--------------------------
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/plugins/system/vm_search_ac/vm_search_ac.php on line 177

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/plugins/system/wishlists/wishlists.php on line 29
-------------------------
**Message**

vmdebug PHP 5.4

vmdebug Show All Errors

vmdebug $siteLang: en-GB self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb

vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.0108070373535156

vmdebug Start used Ram 10M

vmdebug Going to set core fields unrequired

vmdebug Going to set core fields unrequired

vmdebug End used Ram 23M

vmdebug Peak memory peak 23.25M

-----------------------------------------------
Joomla! Debug Console
**Session**
__default
__vm
recent
------------------------------------------------
**Profile Information**

**Memory Usage**
23.03 MB (24**,**145**,**208 **Bytes**)
**Database Queries**
**48 Queries Logged** 65.3 ms
**6 duplicate found!**
**2 duplicates**: #1  #25
**2 duplicates**: #17  #46
**2 duplicates**: #33  #36
**Query Time: 1.40 ms** **Query memory: 0.018 MB Memory before query: 2.476 MB** **Rows returned: 1**
--------------------------------
**Duplicate queries**: #25
SELECT `data`

FROM `ul6yj_session`

WHERE `session_id` = '47bb86b9f1b8f5742536e483631b7d17'
-------------------------------
**Explain**
id select_type table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra
1 SIMPLE ul6yj_session const PRIMARY PRIMARY 602 const 1
**Profile**
Error
MySql have_profiling = off
**Call Stack**
JROOT/libraries/joomla/session/storage/database.php:44
JROOT/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:665
JROOT/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:603
JROOT/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:738
JROOT/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:131
JROOT/libraries/cms/application/site.php:63
JROOT/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:398
JROOT/libraries/joomla/factory.php:125
JROOT/index.php:37
[**Add xdebug.file_link_format directive to your php.ini file to have links for files.**]
------------------------------

These are marked red, I have some other reds, which I shall shortly summon;

----------------------
**Query Time: 0.68 ms** **After last query: 1.16 ms** **Query memory: 0.025 MB Memory before query: 13.114 MB** **Rows returned: 2**
**Duplicate queries**: #46
SELECT fieldtitle, fieldvalue
  FROM ul6yj_virtuemart_userfield_values
  WHERE virtuemart_userfield_id = 23
  ORDER BY ordering
**Explain**
1 SIMPLE ul6yj_virtuemart_userfield_values ref virtuemart_userfield_id virtuemart_userfield_id 2 const 2 Using where; **Using filesort**
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Query Time: 0.67 ms** **After last query: 0.19 ms** **Query memory: 0.019 MB Memory before query: 18.306 MB** **Rows returned: 1**
**Duplicate queries**: #1
SELECT `data`

FROM `ul6yj_session`

WHERE `session_id` = '47bb86b9f1b8f5742536e483631b7d17'
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Query Time: 0.49 ms** **After last query: 0.14 ms** **Query memory: 0.020 MB Memory before query: 19.748 MB** **Rows returned: 1**
**Duplicate queries**: #36
SELECT FOUND_ROWS()
**Explain**
1 SIMPLE NULL NULL NULL **NO INDEX KEY COULD BE USED** NULL NULL NULL No tables used
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milbo

Quote from: Frans D on April 03, 2015, 10:43:13 AM
So to exclude as many factors as possible, I removed the Reviver template and went solo on Protostar.
The webshop page has nothing else on it, no menu's, no modules.
So I switched on Joomla and VM error reporting and when trying to make an order, I see the following;

(System info:
Database Version  5.1.69 

--------------------------
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/plugins/system/vm_search_ac/vm_search_ac.php on line 177

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/vhosts/xxxxxxxxx.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/plugins/system/wishlists/wishlists.php on line 29
-------------------------

Your database version is quite old, while the php version is quite new. Maybe there is a conflict. I suggest to update to mysql5.5 at least.

Also the other error messages could be the reason for your problem. Check your plugins, both plugins are neither vm core nor joomla.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Frans D

Hi Milbo,

Thanks for your quick reaction.
I have disabled these plugins and am having still the same behaviour.
Strangest thing of all, is that the local copy runs fine with the template overrides.
However when I set Protostar as default, I get the same behaviour.
First order okay, remaining orders; cart empty.
And overthere (in Xamp) I have;
Database versie  5.6.16 
Database collatie  utf8_general_ci 
PHP versie  5.5.9 
Webserver  Apache/2.4.7 (Win32) OpenSSL/1.0.1e PHP/5.5.9 
WebServer naar PHP interface  apache2handler 

I've put the Joomla error reporting on at the local installation, and it is also showing duplicate entries;

**65 zoekopdrachten gelogd** 109.2 ms
**8 identieke gevonden!**
**2 identieke**: #1  #34
**2 identieke**: #15  #26
**2 identieke**: #43  #55
**2 identieke**: #60  #62

Is this normal, or might it be a session and/or database problem?

Either way; I will do an extra install of Joomla and VM to see if these problems are also over there on the same server. 

Frans D

I've checked the local Database and had some "flags" over there;

---------------
frans.ul6yj_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard   check   warning   5 clients are using or haven't closed the table pr...
---------------
After repair and optimizing;
---------------
frans.ul6yj_virtuemart_order_userinfos   repair   note   The storage engine for the table doesn't support r...
---------------
After rechecking, all ok except for;
---------------
frans.ul6yj_finder_tokens check note The storage engine for the table doesn't support c...
frans.ul6yj_finder_tokens_aggregate check note The storage engine for the table doesn't support c...
---------------

And there is a remark below (translated from Dutch into English);

Problems with the indexes of tabel `ul6yj_user_keys`
The indexes series and series_3 look the same, possibly one of them can be removed.
The indexes series and series_2 look the same, possibly one of them can be removed.

Problems with the indexes of tabel `ul6yj_virtuemart_product_prices`
The indexes virtuemart_product_id and product_price look the same, possibly one of them can be removed.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Frans D

Hi Milbo,

I just did a new install and went on testing, to see if I could discover were it goes wrong.
Basic install, with J 3.4.0. and VM 3.6.0.2. all sample data installed.
Everything goes well, I did 20 + test orders, no problems.

T3 framework install + Reviver template (out of a package of the same date as the J and VM versions).

Whenever I use the template for Virtuemart, I am having the empty card problem.
Also the url is different, instead of the cart it is showing webwinkel/default-products/multi-variant-detail#

I've used the ticket system of the template creator already many times, but I usually get standard answers, like reinstall modules and so on.
I tried that several times, but nothing really helps.

The thing is, that there is no good explanation, whenever you don't want to use the template quickstart and the dump.sql
Normally I just install a template and VM always worked without any problems, but I guess with all the overrides, that's a no nowadays. 

That being said: I still wonder why the other local installation functions.
Perhaps it's due to what you referred to; a too low MYQSL version.
It doesn't inflict with VM, but perhaps it does with the template and T3.
I will do the same test locally and will do an update later on.

Frans D

Its a disappointing update; I have the same results within the local environment with a higher MYQSL version.

I've created a ticket; with the question, what I have to do make this template work with VM, with a separate install of each.

I was checking the extentions of the Reviver quickstart install and the clean install and I see for example things like Joomla Update and Joomla version information both being version 2.5.0. on the quickstart install, while those are on the clean install 3.0.0 versions.   
So I assume the J3 package of this Template is just an upgraded J 2.5 install.