News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Content Encoding Error

Started by YZF, April 02, 2015, 02:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YZF

In Virtuemart, Configuration/ Advance Settings I enabled Debugging mode for Administrator in a couple of places, and now I cannot access the Virtuemart component in Joomla and I get the following error on my browser:

"Content Encoding Error
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I cannot access the Virtuemart component via the Joomla Administrator panel although my user is set to Super User.

(Edit: Removed the part of the post regarding the error messages appearing on the front page).

We are using Virtuemart 3.0.2 and Joomla 3.3.6

Any assistance on how to fix this is greatly appreciated.

Milbo

This are not errors. We call it message. When the oil warning lamp in your car is blinking, there is no error. It just warns you, that if you do not fill oil, you will get errors.

Vmdebug are messages, no errors. Do you use the mb_ extension on your apache?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

YZF

Problem is fixed.

To re-cap; in Advance Settings under Confriguation in Virtuemart we set the:

Enable debugging messages  --> to only administrators
PHP Developer mode  --> to only administrators

which locked us out of the Virtuemart back end.

Our very talented web developer gave us the following fix:

in Joomla you can turn on the Gzip compression from Global Configuration > Server > Gzip Page Compression set to NO

Go into Virtuemart Configuration and disable the debugging mode - save

Back into Joomla and turn on GZip as above

Everything working as it was. :)

Thank you all for checking this problem and for trying to help.

Milbo

Thank you, quite interesting.

It seems there is an "error" in the gzip compression feature of joomla. Because the php developer mode shows you all php errors. Vmdebug shoult not hurt. I wrote "error", because most likely it is a deprecated or notice message
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member