News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How many Product child with multi-variant virtuemart can manage?

Started by Valmes, April 01, 2015, 15:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmes

Greeting,

I am a new user o f joomla and virtuemart 3 I like it ;). For the needs of my company, which sells a large range of products (a few parent products but a large range of child products) I saw myself develop an application that inserts the products directly in the database joomla (VirtueMart).

For this application I analyzed the database and the data structure which it contains and how they work together in virtuemart (product side). So I managed to import from a CSV file with three parent products with each one nearly 350 child products.
So far so good. But when I pass a greater number of child products (approximately 600 children products), on my site, the child products are not display (ie you can not make choice like color / size / packaging) .
I solved the problem by changing the database type of customfields_params column (in xxxx_virtuemart_products_customfields table) in LONGTEXT rather than varchar (17000) :P.

And here is the problem I can not seem to solve :-\: When I go to 3000 products Children's my web page for the selection of child products no longer displayed (blank page with product image and all multi variant choose even thecombination that i don't allow )
and in virtuemart and when I click on the parent products to see "Custom Fields" I get a blank page with virtuemart menu without css apply.

i have think of limitation of php code to manage "longtext" but where must i see the code which manage variant child from database?

Thanks for all help i really need it.
regard,

Milbo

Quote from: Valmes on April 01, 2015, 15:26:05 PM
So far so good. But when I pass a greater number of child products (approximately 600 children products), on my site, the child products are not display (ie you can not make choice like color / size / packaging) .
Because your browser is not able to display more. There is a reason that the standard product listing cant be set higher than 700 products (hard coded limit). You can try yourself, open the Backend with 600 products and your browser will barely respond.

Quote from: Valmes on April 01, 2015, 15:26:05 PM
I solved the problem by changing the database type of customfields_params column (in xxxx_virtuemart_products_customfields table) in LONGTEXT rather than varchar (17000) :P.
Even MediumText would have been enough for you. Check the config variable dblayoutstrict
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member