Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Administrator cannot access VM content - Backend Problem

Started by idor, April 01, 2015, 13:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idor

Hello

I have a website using VirtueMart 3.0.2 and Joomla 3.3.6,
I migrated from Joomla 1.5 and VirtueMart 1.1.9 using VM Migrator and since then I noticed some problems.
I have a user (my client) with administrator permisions, but entering the backend with his user
he can´t see the content of Virtuemart, so as to edit/create products, categories etc.
and gets this error:
You are not authorised to view this resource.

He is set as vendor Shopper > "is vendor" and the shop is not multivendor.

Can somebody help me solving this?

I dont know if this can help, I also enebled the debag in the backend and entering the product page with his user shows:
vmdebug Show only Errors, warnings, parse errors
vmdebug $siteLang: el-GR self::$_jpConfig->lang el_gr
vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.00333714485168457
vmdebug Start used Ram 7.75M
vmdebug Show only Errors, warnings, parse errors
vmdebug $siteLang: el-GR self::$_jpConfig->lang el_gr
vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.00380587577819824
vmdebug Start used Ram 7.75M
vmdebug vmTime: Created report: 0.00200104713439941
vmdebug vmTime: VirtueMartControllerVirtuemart Finished task virtuemart: 0.06756591796875
vmdebug End used Ram 11.75M
vmdebug Peak memory peak 11.75M

and I also get the same error
You are not authorised to view this resource.

Thank you in advance!

jenkinhill

Joomla Superadmins should be able to access everything, but Joomla administrators will need ACL permissions adding to allow VM access.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

idor

Thank you for your reply.
How can I add ACL permissions for administrators?
I also noticed that he doesnt recieve the order email notifications. Could it be also solved with the ACL solution?

jenkinhill

Joomla tutorial!   https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Access_Control_List_Tutorial

The relevant page will be something like  /administrator/index.php?option=com_config&view=component&component=com_virtuemart

Emails is likely to be another problem.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

idor

YESSSSS!!!

You are right! That was it!
I was trying to access to permisions through Components > Virtuemart > Orders & Shoppers > Shoppers > [the admin USER] > *Permisions
but I was getting to a page where you can´t make any changes, as there isn´t any save button.
But as you suggested in Global Configuration > Permisions > Virtuemart
I entered Allowed to all tabs about Virtuemart (Products, Categories etc.) and finally the administrator user CAN see the products category list, and all content in the backend..

Thank you, Thank You and Thank you!!!!

PS. This hole issue generated me a new question if I had a multivendor shop with several users, how should I set the permisions, if there is only Allowed and Denied?
How would it be possible to control the user to see only his products, only his orders and upload product images in his own folder?

idor

Hi again,
I just noticed that changing the permisions for administrator from inherit to Allowed,
the public permissions also changed to Allowed, so I changed them back to inherit, and now I also have Inherit
(Calculated Setting: Not Allowed) for everyone, Super User too..
I suppose we are close to the solution, but something doesnt work proper? I get so confused..

idor

Seams there is a problem with the ACL Page.
I dont know if this can help. I just noticed that the problem seams to be those vertical tabs: Public | Manager | Administrator etc. dont work properly.
in example in Permisions > Virtuemart (from left menu) > Product Categories (tab on top), If I select Public I see Inherit - Not Allowed to everything.
Click now Super User, I see as blocked Allowed / Super User.
Click again Public, now I see as blocked Allowed / Super User.
I use the Isis template for the backend and have just updated from 3.3.6 to 3.4 to solve another issue of virtuemart pagination problem... :S
This shouldn´t be so dificult..! I only want the administrator to be able to see his products!

yayo76

Hi,
in my site I've an super user account. I'd like to manage the virtuemart products via front end, but when I click on edit icon and I try to modify any product data, showed the same message "The requested content cannot be loaded", how I can to solved this problem? I've joomla 3.4.3 and Vm3 3.0.9.4.
How I must to set the Virtuemart and Jooma ACL to do it?
Thank you
Regards