Virtuemart multilanguage goes wrong when Joomla Search Engine Friendly URLs=ON

Started by prokops, March 28, 2015, 12:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prokops

Hi there!

I have posted this on the Joomla forum, but can't get confirmation: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=728&t=880786&sid=6d40ee89a77402b3e935b4b897ef95cf

When "Search Engine Friendly URLs" are ON, Joomla responds to all "add to cart" button clicks with a purchase confirmation popup in english, leading the user to english cart or english shop front. Page localization is thus broken upon some item put in basket.

It works perfectly with SEF = OFF and is not a template issue.

I have tested this on a number of clean installs and get consistent bad results, could anyone confirm that this issue is real ?

Cheers,
prokop

lindapowers

We have a hidden menu with the cart menu item per language. In our case that solved the issue, but as I mentioned you we use rupostel's one page checkout.

Regards

prokops

I have a menu item for the cart in each language clear and visible. Still, the issue persists. Even more frustrating is that due to server lag, I can actually see a page like the no/handlekurv load the norwegian texts, whereafter vituemart/OPC corrects itself and imposes english texts. I am having a terrible time trying to figure this out.

prokops