News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

How to edit order with customer currency?

Started by RobertG, March 28, 2015, 10:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertG

Hi,

I didn't find similar question while searching in the forum, so I create this new topic.

I just migrated a VM 2 shop to VM 3.0.6.4 and Joomla! 3.4.1
This chop is using Euro and CHF as currencies, Euro is the main.
I've a problem with payment and shipment options (not visible when identified) so I'm using VirtuePlanet One page checkout.

With previous versions J! 2.5 and VM 2.6.16, when a customer choosed CHF for his own currency, the order and mail he received was in CHF.
Now, orders are in Euro : how can I do to change this currency in orders to match the customer currency? I didn't find any option?

Thanks for your help!
Robert

RobertG

Hi,

Nobody?
I'm testing VM 3.0.7 on Joomla! 3.4.1 and nothing changes! :(
PayPal payment permits to select what currency to use for creating invoice (it works fine), standard payments don't and invoices are in vendor currency!

My shop allows Euro and GBP currencies and the default is Euro.
If my customer chooses GBP for his cart and bank transfer , he will receive an invoice in Euros and no value in GBP
If he looks at his order in the shop, currency remains in Euro, no GBP value too! how can he pay?

How to solve?
Thanks in advance
Robert

goegg

Milbo

I dont know what to answer, because you mix different problems. One is the displayed currency, the other is the  payment currency and the next is the shop currency. You must get clear about this first. Mainly all of this are payment settings.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

stensbo

RobertG

Hi Milbo,

It's only one problem: my shop uses Euro as default currency and accepts CHF.
When a customer selects CHF for viewing prices and add products in his cart, and pay with another mode than PayPal, the invoice, content of email he receives and details on the site are in Euro, not in CHF.
In previous version 2 of Virtuemart, email and invoice were in CHF in this case.
For example if he chooses to pay by bank transfer, he doesn't know how to pay in CHF, as he has only Euro value in the mail, invoice and details on the site too.
In PayPal plugin, Valérie added a choice for the currency: vendor or customer currency. I created a PayPal payment with Euro, another in CHF and my customer gets an invoice and a email with the currency he used to pay. Why not with other methods?

Thanks in advance!
Robert

goegg

Quote from: RobertG on April 14, 2015, 19:49:22 PM
Hi Milbo,

It's only one problem: my shop uses Euro as default currency and accepts CHF.
When a customer selects CHF for viewing prices and add products in his cart, and pay with another mode than PayPal, the invoice, content of email he receives and details on the site are in Euro, not in CHF.
In previous version 2 of Virtuemart, email and invoice were in CHF in this case.
For example if he chooses to pay by bank transfer, he doesn't know how to pay in CHF, as he has only Euro value in the mail, invoice and details on the site too.
In PayPal plugin, Valérie added a choice for the currency: vendor or customer currency. I created a PayPal payment with Euro, another in CHF and my customer gets an invoice and a email with the currency he used to pay. Why not with other methods?

Thanks in advance!
Robert

exactly, that is a good describtion.
(it is as confusing as the shop itself..)

stensbo

Yes that is a good description for the standard payment plugin.

I have attached a pdf that shows the option - you had in vm 2.5.16 - in tab configuration in plugin. You could choose if order email should be send in vendor currency or payment currency . VM 3 still store email_currency (which is vendor currency in vm3) in DB and are displayed in BE orders.
Quote<param name="email_currency" type="list" default="vendor" label="VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY"
               description="VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY_DESC">
            <option value="vendor">VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY_VENDOR</option>
            <option value="payment">VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY_PAYMENT</option>
        </param>
above is from XML file in vm 2.5.16

stensbo

Joomla 2.5.28 - Virtuemart 3.0.6.4, PHP Version 5.6.6

I have 2 payments methods (Standard payment plugin) and have shoppergroups assigned to them so only one payment methods i available to each shopper.

This worked for me but I do not know if it is the correct way to do this.
Added this code in line 23

<field name="email_currency" type="list" default="vendor" label="VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY"
description="VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY_DESC">
<option value="vendor">VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY_VENDOR</option>
<option value="payment">VMPAYMENT_STANDARD_EMAIL_CURRENCY_PAYMENT</option>
</field>

just under field "payment_currency" code in the standard.xml file (path: ../plugins/vmpayment/standard/)

I now have the option: Email currency - under tab configuration in payment methods - that can be set to: payment currency and order email is send in that currency.

RobertG

You're right, stensbo, but as soon as VM will be updated, we will need to add this code.
Hope the team will add it soon in standard payment plugin!

stensbo

Yes I know - but I just added the file on my "to do list " and happy customer/shoppers is good   :)

Milbo

Only the xml? I wonder myself how it works
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

stensbo

Hi Milbo,

Don't Wonder - try it  ;)  it Works as in VM 2.6.xx..

Before you add the code have a look at the payment method based on VM Standard payment - tab config - here you don't have the option: Email Currency. After you add the code you will have this option and it can be set to : Payment currency

I don't think I can explain i better than RobertG above. VM Standard payment plugin is for payment in advance or bank transfer or someting like that.
In my case I have default currency DKK and accepted currency EUR in VM shop tab vendor. If a shopper view and add to cart in EUR  the order email that is send to vendor and shopper has to show prices/total in EUR. If you don't add this code the order email to vendor and shopper show prices/total i DKK.

It Works for me and I hope it will continue because if a shopper buy in EUR and has to pay in EUR they don't want an order email /invoice in DKK.

dzs

Hi Stensbo,

I can confirm what you wrote here. I had same problem with Joomla 3 (3.4.1) and Virtuemart 3 (3.0.9). Im using default vendor currency EUR and also five more accepted currencies. Im using currency selector to allow visitors change currency. Problem is that all emails sent to seller and customer are sent with default Vendor currency (EUR), not with currency selected with currency selector.

I added your code to /plugins/vmpayment/standard/standard.xml and now I can change "Email Currency" of standard payment to "Payment Currency". Everything now works like a charm :)

Stensbo thank you for sharing this tweek ;) It helped me a lot. Hope this will be fixed in future version of VM 3.x