News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Lost Custom Fields Info during upgrade

Started by SPMoto, March 28, 2015, 04:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPMoto

Hi Guys.

I have been using Virtuemart 2.6.14 on a tyres site for a few months and things were working well.
But I had received some feedback from several customers that the checkout process was difficult and they could not work out the shipping process etc.

So I had been working on the cart area to try and give more info and also trying to get the price to update with the different variants.
I had read that that was fixed in a later version so thought an update could help.
Installed 3.XX and this caused page problems and also 404's with the Aust post plugin.
So I have tried to roll back to the earlier version and it was not so simple either.

And in trying to fix the problems on the page, have ended up deleting the custom fields tables.
So all the variants are there in the backend but no size or prices.

I am trying to find the information in a back-up copy of the site.
Can someone please tell me where the variant info is?
I have 90 tyres with 10-20 sizes and prices in each and it will take a long time to recreate them otherwise.

Thanks
Joomla 2.5.28
Virtuemart 2.6.17
Web developer skills = Motorcycle Mechanic. Use small words!

PRO

GJC Web Design

Yes - without a backup this could be difficult - the custom fields table is different between VM2 & VM3

you don't say how you "rolled back" but it is quite likely if u just reinstalled a VM2 version you still have vm3 tables

1st rule is never update a live site
2nd rule is even when testing on a clone site make sure you have a working backup at the very least.. Akeeba normally

You can try in the VM admin tools-> DB Tools to "Install or if nesscesary update tables"
click nothing else - all the other buttons will change your data

Out of interest which Auspost plugin gave you-> " also 404's with the Aust post plugin."
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

SPMoto

Hi guys.

No Akeeba.
Yes. Just reinstalled the earlier version.
I have a complete back-ups of the sites and DB however that is from the hosting provider on their server.
Apparently not the useful to me however they are able to create a sub file directory.
So the files SHOULD be in there... but I have no idea where to look.
xxxx/plugins/vmcustom  ??

Yes, this is a terrible lesson that I should learn from. Will be making a test site on the server ASAP in case I get the urge to fiddle again!

During the upgrade to 3.xx It had problems installing some files. The 404 from the Aust post bit may not be caused by the plugin but rather from missing info.

Thanks
Joomla 2.5.28
Virtuemart 2.6.17
Web developer skills = Motorcycle Mechanic. Use small words!

GJC Web Design

personally would just use the backup from the host.. and then start all over again with the attempted upgrade (if you really want to upgrade)

there is IMHO not the slightest reason to go to J3/VM3 if your happy with what you have
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation