[overlooked config]Issues with the images files - media manager - thumbnails

Started by virtuam, March 26, 2015, 16:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtuam

Hello,

I upgraded a VM2 J2.5 site to J3 with VM3.
At first everything seemed fine.
When the upgrade task completed, I tried to migrate the latest VM data from the live site to the upgraded.
Now, I am having an issue with many of the image files.
There are many images that have JPG file extension (note the uppercase).
These used to work fine, but after the last data migration, it's not possible to create thumbnails for these. VM reports that they can't be found them in the images folder, therefore no thumb creation.
I also noticed in the medias table, that there are stored URLs for the thumbs, up to a point. After that all latest media files do not have thumb url.

Can anyone spread some light, about the case with the images and how VM is handling them?
And why VM used to understand .JPG extension but not stopped?

Thanks

Milbo

you may enable vmdebug. Check your folders, the images are really there?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

virtuam

To be honest there were inconsistencies in the names of the files, others with capitals in filenames, others with capitals in the extensions and the entries in the database were not all the times in accordance with the filename. I don't know how it was possible this to work before the update. But also true was that in many cases VM just couldn't read files with capital extension .JPG and the file was there - I could reach the file directly f would copy/paste the reported not found url in the browser.
To give an end to this, I renamed all files to lowercase and updated the database file_url path all to lowercase. Now this issue is gone.

But now I have another question:
In product list manager (backend), how to make the thumbnails of the products appear at the media column. There are 4 categories that display a thumb, but products from the other categories just display the number with a span:
<span class="icon-nofloat vmicon vmicon-16-media"></span>

virtuam

I found the answer for the image display in Product list.
It actually shows images when the list is less than the Max items listed displaying media in config.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member