News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Safe Path is not accessible - after working for a year

Started by rlrick, March 24, 2015, 23:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rlrick

My shopping cart has been working ok until today. Although there may have been a joomla update since I last test purchased something in the cart. I now get the following;

Warning, the Safe Path is not accessible (does not exist or no permission), for safety reasons it is very important to create a folder in a path not accessible by an URL, create also a folder invoices in it to store your sensitive data secure. Our suggested path is for your system /home/content/22/10813822/vmfiles, use this link to the config
Key folder in safepath unaccessible

I never really new where to create the Safe Path folder when I first started using this version of joomla/virtuemart, as I couldn't locate /home/content/22/10813822/vmfiles. So I created Safe_Path in the root folder and in the configuration under templates, I set the path, although I had to set it to ../Safe_Path/ 

This seemed to work ok, until today. Can someone please help

Joomla! 2.5.27
VirtueMart 3.0.0

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rlrick

Thanks, you may be correct. I have made a new safe path folder, and amended the path in settings. All now works again