News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Module for displaying products in the same category into product detail page

Started by nicobond, March 24, 2015, 13:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicobond

I've searched into many posts in this forum but I could't find a module or a third party extension to display all products in the same category in the product detail page. I need a solution to show something like "You may be interested also to these products" only in the flypage. Something that automatically retrieve products of the same category I'm viewing and display them as a slide content module with arrows to navigate between products. I'm not interested in related products because I've got thousands of products and it would be difficult and time expensive to make all associations between products in the catalog.
Is there any commercial solution to obtain this?

PRO

what version are you using?

I know you can use the virtuemart product module for this, with the "category filter" turned on

nicobond

I'm using Virtuemart 3.0.2. (Joomla 3.4)
I know I can use Virtuemart Product module but in my case this is not a solution because of the number of products (thousands).
If I have more than 100 categories I should publish more than 100 virtuemart product modules because each module can be assigned to one category. I need a unique module that automatically detect category I'm viewing and filter products by showing them in the product detail page.
Any solutions?

GJC Web Design

you would have to adapt the module

the catid can be got from the url and you have to code in the module to take this as it's catid
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

PRO

Quote from: GJC Web Design on March 24, 2015, 23:19:18 PM
you would have to adapt the module

the catid can be got from the url and you have to code in the module to take this as it's catid

Its been a while since I used the module like this.

But, I believe it uses jrequest already

just choose "category filter" to yet
THEN: leave the chosen category field blank, and it will use the current category