News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Joomla 3.4.1 and VM 3.0.6.2, Order confirmation emails not being sent

Started by izme, March 23, 2015, 19:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

izme

Hi

I would be grateful for some help please? I'm a little new to all this so please provide clear steps if you can help. I have a problem with order confirmation emails not being sent to the user or administrator. I am reluctant to make CORE hacks and have looked at the 4 line code solution posted here: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=96541.15
as per post, on my version the line numbers do not match those in the post and i'm using totally newer version of Joomla and VM,
My current setup:
Joomla: 3.4.1
Virtuemart: 3.0.6.2
Payment Method: PayPal Plugin: v3.0.6.2 (release date 02 march 2015)
Last AIO applied 3.0.6.2
I have applied following in VM config: Default Order Status to create an invoice 'Confirmed'
*If you need more info on setup please advise? all works ok just the email issue. I think i have the correct settings applied?

This site was migrated from joomla: V2.5.x / VM:2.8.xx all the way to the version as above. Please note: on the previous version email worked on order 'Confirmed'. All other joomla components, modules and plugins email is working as required with CAPTCHA, RECAPTCHA ie: tested contact form etc.... VM: Ask a question works etc.... The affected site is live production website and at present changing the order status in the administrator area is the only way to get Virtuemart 3 to send order related email. ie changing from 'Confirmed' to 'Confirmed by shopper' forces the email to be sent to both user (customer) and the administrator, proving email does work and something is preventing the confirmation email being sent after making payment and returning to the website from PayPal! - Could this be a PayPal IPN issue?

I have asked my 'ISP' to check and scan my shared hosting (reseller) setup but nothing is being blocked.

I have attached a picture showing my raw log for a transaction where email was not sent to user or administrator for a successful payment, (more of the log can be provided on request) and I may need some instruction in getting the debug  /log directory etc writing correctly (what files? where? and what to edit?) assuming turning on 'debug' in: VM > payment methods > PayPal > (configuration tab?)

Can someone help or provide steps?
Help interpret the log file, Paypal IPN line?  - appears blank IPN to me? and what looks to be a status '200' code?
What can i try next?
I've read several links and felt my issue warranted a new topic? If this is posted in the wrong place please move or advise?

I'm pulling hair and teeth out here!
thanks in advance  :D

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

izme

Hi 'Milbo'

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay responding. I've now upgraded the site as per your post vm3.0.6.4 and still have the same problem.
Paypal emails received in a timely manner
NO VM shop emails on order confirmed status?

Any suggestions? I hope someone can help? If further information required ie: RAW Logs etc... please advise?
thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

GJC Web Design

On a successful paypal payment is the order set to "Confirmed"?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

izme

Hi GJC

Yes the status is set to 'Confirmed' on successful payment via paypal. Here is where the plot thickens and i really appreciate the help so far plus further help gratefully received.
Trying to rule out my ISP / shared hosting or setup issues: ISP have checked email routing and logs and confirmed no blocking of email, IP addresses, logs seems to indicate all ok? overall ISP fairly helpful so far!.
My ISP pointed out i have a few various versions running and requested i do some further testing with my other websites.

So to keep it as simple as possible:
Site 1 as already posted about:
Virtuemart: 3.0.6.4
Payment Method: PayPal Plugin: v3.0.6.4
Last AIO applied 3.0.6.4
Shop > Payment Method > Config > (order status) Successful Transactions = Confirmed
On successful payment order is set to 'confirmed'  - no email is sent from the shop unless status is manually updated and pushed out from the back end.
Shop> Config > Checkout > Default Order Status to create an invoice: 'Confirmed'

Site 2 - same problem as site 1
Joomla: 3.3.6
Virtuemart: 3.0.4
Payment Method: PayPal Plugin
Last AIO applied 3.0.4
Shop > Payment Method > Config > (order status) Successful Transactions = Confirmed
On successful payment order is set to 'pending'  - no email is sent from the shop unless status is manually updated and pushed out from the back end.
Shop> Config > Checkout > Default Order Status to create an invoice: 'Confirmed'

Site 3  - This works perfectly!
Joomla: 2.5.28
Virtuemart: 2.6.14
Payment Method: PayPal Plugin
Shop > Payment Method > Config > (order status) Successful Transactions = Confirmed ** But difference here is Pending Transactions = 'Confirmed By Shopper'
On successful payment order is set to 'Confirmed'  -email is sent from the shop automatically upon successful payment. All works as it should!

*** Please note when i have setup Joomla 3 on my shared hosting i experienced install problems with 'Magic Quotes'! - and added relevant php.ini file fixes to the route of the website and the route of the administrator directory, to overcome these issues and everything else works fine.  If this helps or provides some more clues to my problem ?***

Also checking the RAW Logs for Site 1 and Site 3
Site 1:(no email on confirmed)
200 70 "-" "PayPal IPN

Site 3:(email on confirmed)
200 2167 "-" "PayPal IPN

izme

HI

Forgot to mention another subtle difference:
Site 1: Upgraded from Joomla 2.5.xx to current version 3.4.1
VM also upgraded from 2.x to 3.x

Site 2:
Started life as a joomla 3 website on VM2.x
Then upgraded from VM2.x to 3.x

Something is making confirmation email stick?
IPN or something residual from the VM 2.x to 3.x upgrade
Can someone provide a standalone link to download the 'Standard Paypal Pulgin' compatible with VM 3.0.6.4 (hoping a re-install of just the component will over-write files or something? probably sounding a little desperate)

Also tried Setting 'Payment Method' >Paypal > Configuration> Debug & DEbug Log file (YES  - both and various combinations)
page hangs on 'Redirecting to paypal'

Could this be a template override problem?

I have found a link RE: Paypal IPN: http://www.virtuemartrackingextension.com/virtuemart-tracking-extension-documentation/24-setup-paypal-to-auto-confirm-orders-in-virtuemart
Cant find an example VM3 IPN URL?
Looking at my own log files i would assume:
http://www.yousite.xyz/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=notify&tmpl=component
Will Try...

izme

Nearly Solved!
OK The paypal link proved useful

I've tried this on Site 2 as i have access to paypal and set up my IPN logging into payal:
Login into Paypal and clicked the my profile icon
Clicked My Selling Preferences
Under Getting Paid: Instant payment notifications
From here i could switch on and update my IPN
Put URL: http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=vmplg&task=notify&tmpl=component
* remember to replace yoursite.com with your real web address.

Save changes on paypal and try a test transaction
Worked for me  - will mark as completely solved once i have site 1 tested and working!
Thanks I really hope this helps someone a lot of pain!

Milbo

Thank you for your report. That was hard work. Please be aware there is a new setting in the vm config. Maybe your shop uses a reverse proxy, and using for the client_ip an usual variable.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

izme

Hi All

Sorry for the delay replying... i may need a little more helps RE: The site proxy setting in VM config... hope you can advise or help Milbo?
I still can't get Auto emails for 'confirmed' transactions on Site 1.
Gutted!  :(

Ok site 1 is as follows:
Virtuemart: 3.0.6.4
Payment Method: PayPal Plugin: v3.0.6.4
Last AIO applied 3.0.6.4
On successful payment order is set to 'confirmed'  - no email is sent from the shop unless status is manually updated and pushed out from the back end.
Also fixed the IPN URL in paypal and can verify its correctly set from the RAW log files.... but again something is preventing the email from being sent automatically.

I will have to leave this open until resolved...
Milbo hope you can advise what i need to check or do in VM config regarding the new setting in VM config RE: Client_ip? and or handling the IPN ?
As far as i am aware no reverse proxy is in use on this website or any of my hosted websites.

izme

Hi

All fixed... not sure what the issue was... in the end seems a re-install (after forcing to go back versions of VM worked!)
here is exactly what i did:
- Firstly i tried taking my shop back a few versions by re-installing 3.0.6.2 and the AIO then followed by manual install to go back to VM_3.0.4 package and AIO component
- result: lots of errors and by shop practically become unusable... errors accessing shop screens , config etc... Joomla3 still worked!
- clicking on Joomla3 Control Panel  - joomla advised and detected an update was available
- the update was for VM_3.0.6.2 and the relevant 3.0.6.2 AIO component
- I let Joomla manage the update and installation process... standard messages appear after install about tables and components / plugins updated - both installed successfully
- I could now browse and access the shop and all normal features... checked config / shop / payment method / shipping method ... all looked in order...
- Tried test transactions - and like magic! - my email confirmation is now working ...

* currently don't want to update this site (site1) to 3.0.6.4 - its working and just in time as the customer has events now for 3 months and needed a working shop in 3 days - (talk about just in time!) :P

Observations / My Theory:
Either something failed to install correctly during migration and upgrade from Joomla 2.5xx and VM2.xx to Joomla? During this process i manually downloaded the ZIP package files from:
http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

I tried several re-installs of these 3.0.6.4 packages and AIO packages but nothing changed... (almost feels like Joomla ignored the re-install as it already detected it? despite the installation successful messages?)

It almost appears like going back a couple of versions and breaking Virtuemart forced Joomla / Virtuemart to find an update and once re-installed it seems it really did update and overwrite the VM files affected and like magic everything works!
Hope this means something to someone? Seems to be migration install issue but you need to almost go back a version to force Joomla / Virtuemart to completely re-install correctly.

Can some option be introduced to force a complete refresh / install  view the update options in Joomla3? (would be a nice feature and save lots of time with issues like this!)

Thanks hope this helps someone! Not sure how to...please can this be marked as SOLVED!