News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cannot edit products (VM3)

Started by zwakie, March 23, 2015, 15:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwakie

Working on a new install, I found that I cannot make any changes to products after creation of the product.

I am completely in the dark here, having tried turning on debugging options, using firebug, etc. etc. to get clues to what is causing this did not yield any success.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction here...

VM 3.0.6.2
Joomla 3.4.1
PHP 5.3.29

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

zwakie

Hmmm, weird....

I already had the issue when my Joomla install was on 3.4.0, so I tried upgrading to 3.4.1 and then reported the issue here.

Now I have installed 3.4.0 (not rolling back!) and now I am able to make changes to products.

Well, problem solved making a mental note not to install Joomla upgrades prior to checking back here ;)

Thanks for the swift response, I very much appreciate that!

Nilsy

Here's what I am doing, incase someone needs a "dirty fix"... (like me)

I add the product (s) needed, but cross out the price field.
This adds the product, but without price.

I then went to the PHPMyadmin.
Opened the table: XXXX_virtuemart_product_prices.sql
Go to the last product table, and press COPY. (you can use any actually, I just thought this was easiest).
That opens a new window, with areas to fill out.

Look at the product ID in the backend of your site, and enter that in the second to the top field.
In the very top field, just add "1" to the previous integer (the one you copied from, as long as it is the last in the list).
Then press enter (GO).

Now go to your site, and that should have put in the prices.

This works for me.
Joomla 3.4.1 and VM 3.0.6.2

PS, might be an idea to take a backup first!

billynair

@Nilsey, what does adding "1" to the previous integer do? Maybe I am not following what you were saying. We figured this workaround out yesterday, actually writing a PHP script to do this for us. But I am wondering what your fix of adding a 1 does
Kick out before you slap the lip

Nilsy

Quote@Nilsey, what does adding "1" to the previous integer do? Maybe I am not following what you were saying. We figured this workaround out yesterday, actually writing a PHP script to do this for us. But I am wondering what your fix of adding a 1 does

When you open that table, you will see the top field (called: virtuemart_product_price_id), which (at least for me) indicates that this needs to be a unique ID.
If you look backwards at the previous prices, they all go incremental. So they should behave in that pattern.
So, if the last product price ID was for example 4020, by adding a "1" to that integer, you get 4021.

In my case, if I didn't do that I was just getting a syntax error (obviously).

Nilsy