News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart thumbnail image not working after bulk upload

Started by alexr451, March 23, 2015, 02:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexr451

I have recently done a bulk upload to my Virtuemart store using 'VM CSV ultimate from eKerner' which went fine except that none of my thumbnail images are showing up, the main image on the product page is showing up just fine but the thumbnail will not.

I am using externally hosting images from Doba so am just putting the image URL into the CSV file.

So it seems it is having a hard time generating the thumb from the external URL.

When I go the products in VM backend to edit them it has the following red error message at the top.

"Error vmError: Couldnt create thumb, file not found /home/lancotools/public_html/htt p://images.doba.com/products/441/D_Bfly_CZNSW26945Q_mar_detailed_image_1.jpg"

So it seems it is looking in Joomla directory for the complete image path which will obviously never be there.

When I inspect the element on the published site in the product category here is what is showing for src for the thumb http://alpina.websitewelcome.com/~lancotools/components/com_virtuemart/assets/images/vmgeneral/filetype_jpg.png

Which there is nothing there

Note: there is just one product image url that is being used for both thumb and full image. I am also uploading a few thousand image so I can't do anything manually for each image.

So I need a way to get virtuemart to just simply pull the thumb image from the external url like it did for the main product image and not try to generate it or look in the the local directory for it.

Things I have tried

I have tried disabling Dynmaic thumbnail re-sizing

I have tried entering and not entering the CSV column "product_thumbnail_1" in hopes that just the main image column will be enough. But the outcome is the same either way.

I have tried going into VM configuration and changing the "Product Media URL" and the "Thumbnail url for media to sell" path to the first part of the external url example: http://images.doba.com/products/ then only filling the CSV with actual file name but that doesn't work either.

I have been working on this for 2 days and I'm getting desperate any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!