News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multilingual issues after update to joomla 3.4.1

Started by lindapowers, March 23, 2015, 10:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi Franz, yes it does show the translation perfectly.

The vendor section doesn't.

Regards

EDIT: There is an even better part to this story, from a mobile device the categories and products and frontpage of vm appear perfectly translated.

jjk

Quote from: lindapowers on March 24, 2015, 17:19:24 PM
Please check the backend in VM for the vendor, try changing language, still displays the shop description etc for default language.

I did check that too. Works in my case.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lindapowers

Quote from: jjk on March 24, 2015, 18:38:08 PM
Quote from: lindapowers on March 24, 2015, 17:19:24 PM
Please check the backend in VM for the vendor, try changing language, still displays the shop description etc for default language.

I did check that too. Works in my case.
With joomla 3.4.1?

jjk

lindapowers

jjk

Did you already try the 'Rebuild' button in the Joomla Menu Manager?

lindapowers

Hi jjk, yeah I did several times with no apparent effect.

This is so strange I have no clue on what is going on. It happens the same with beez default template.

This guy is complaining for similar issues, cant see his shop homepage translated either https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128826.0 and another guy here also, there is something strange in the language switch with vm together with this joomla update.

Everything worked fine in previous joomla versions.

Why do I see the web translated in the mobile versiĆ³n?

I tried blaming the templaters but it happens the same in beez. Could be the route file used by vm? The rest of the website pages appear perfectly translated.

BTW you are more tan welcome to take a look in the backend cause this is driving me crazy and have no clue on how to solve it.

Regards

jjk

At the moment I have no clue what to look for either. If you can test on a local copy of your site using xampp, you could try to update VM to 3.0.6.4. Maybe ask your hoster if he still has a backup using the previous Joomla version.

lindapowers

Quote from: jjk on March 25, 2015, 22:41:56 PM
At the moment I have no clue what to look for either. If you can test on a local copy of your site using xampp, you could try to update VM to 3.0.6.4. Maybe ask your hoster if he still has a backup using the previous Joomla version.

I updated to 3.0.6.4 but still in the store details although it allows to change language only shows the description and terms of the default one.

For the issue here I noticed and even more weird thing. If i visit the the english version of our vm frontpage from a mobile device it shows correctly translated, if I then visit the same page from the desktop view it also works for the first view.

2 years ago we had a problem with the mobile view affecting the desktop view which ended in this response from yagendoo: "This is due to the fact that the mobile-options is stored in the joomla session which is saved in the database. I removed the session storage in your case so the problem should be solved."

So maybe a cache issue? Ill ask them.

------------------------------

As to why I can't see the vendor/store details of the additional languages in the backend I have no clue. Data is translated and stored in database but just wont show in backend.

lindapowers

I deleted manually the table virtuemart_vendors_en_gb

When saving it from the backend is not being created, maybe there starts all the problem.

lindapowers

Ok the conclusion to this nightmare.

The issue in the frontend is a template problem by yagendoo's plugin/framework.

The issue of not being able to change the store details in backend is actually a vm bug they are aware of already.

Regards

nub

Quote from: lindapowers on March 28, 2015, 13:49:39 PM
The issue of not being able to change the store details in backend is actually a vm bug they are aware of already.

Any news about this bug?
I have the problem in 3.0.8 now  :(
J 3.4.1 | VM 3.0.8 | PHP 5.5

allamistakeo19

Quote from: nub on May 02, 2015, 02:22:36 AM
Any news about this bug?
I have the problem in 3.0.8 now  :(

Me too. I had the problem in 3.0.6.2, and hoped that upgrading to 3.0.8 would solve it, but it did't.
I guess I'm going to have to manually edit the database table to enter my translations for the vendor description.

lindapowers

The issue of the vendor is solved by downloading and using JCE editor.

allamistakeo19

Quote from: lindapowers on May 11, 2015, 22:31:15 PM
The issue of the vendor is solved by downloading and using JCE editor.

That has indeed fixed it for me. Thanks a lot for the tip!