Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multilingual issues after update to joomla 3.4.1

Started by lindapowers, March 23, 2015, 10:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

vm 3.0.6.2 joomla 3.4.1

Don't know if joomla update affected this but the shop homepage is only showing the default language and not the translated ones.

Editing it from the backend and saving still shows the default language.

Regards

Mike J

Hi there, Open a product and see if you can save it. A number of us have this problem since updating which is probably related. It's a jquery issue from what we can tell...
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

lindapowers

Hi, no I can't either I already posted there but there seems to be a multilingual issue also. In this case it seems to be saved but it doesnt show in frontend or backend, checking the database the languages are stored and translated.

Regards

lindapowers

This is driving me crazy, vm 3.0.6.2 joomla 3.4.1

Issues:

Backend:

Vendor - switching language shows only the default language although the other languages are stored in database.

Saving button works but only shows default language even if I change entire text.

Frontend:

Switching language in the frontend main page of the shop wont change the language, even with SEF disabled.
Switching languages and clicking in categories or products result in error 404
Categories show in default language.

No clue of what is going on. All the website is translated and appears correctly in the database.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Rune Rasmussen

Rune Rasmussen - https://www.syntaxerror.no/

Norwegian Translation Team

lindapowers

Thanks for reply, I did that but the problem is only related to languages in vm, for the rest of the website is working ok.

You can check it in our shop front page http://comenaranjas.com/es/tienda.html , changing language has no effect in vm main page, even categories dont change or randomly do.

Regards

lindapowers

Ill cry once more- from the backend of vm is not possible to view the translated vendor info, description of the shop terms etc

There is definetly a bug there.

pharweb

lindapowers

Pls devs tell us something this affects the entire multilingual sites in the frontend!

Regards

jjk

@lindapowers
I was unable to reproduce the language issues on your site with J3.4.1 and VM 3.0.6.2. I don't have any of the issues you described earlier today.

Did you test the latest Joomla update on a working copy of your life site? You should ALWAYS test updates first!  ;)

Please check your menus. It looks like Joomla currently doesn't detect your spanish and catalan 'Categories' menus.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

franzpeter

lindapowers: Do you use different menues for the different languages (Joomla menu)?

lindapowers

Quote from: jjk on March 24, 2015, 16:40:20 PM
@lindapowers
I was unable to reproduce the language issues on your site with J3.4.1 and VM 3.0.6.2. I don't have any of the issues you described earlier today.

Did you test the latest Joomla update on a working copy of your life site? You should ALWAYS test updates first!  ;)

Please check your menus. It looks like Joomla currently doesn't detect your spanish and catalan 'Categories' menus.

Hi, nope :( I though it was a simple update and didnt do it for once and bam!

I have a hidden menu for categories and noticed the english and catalan had the same alias, I changed the name and alias of the catalan but still have the same error.

Please check the backend in VM for the vendor, try changing language, still displays the shop description etc for default language.

Quote from: franzpeter on March 24, 2015, 16:52:44 PM
lindapowers: Do you use different menues for the different languages (Joomla menu)?

Yes I use different menus and template copies per language.

Regards

franzpeter

And you did create category names in the different languages from the Backend administration? I mean the Virtuemart categories for example.

lindapowers

Quote from: franzpeter on March 24, 2015, 17:30:02 PM
And you did create category names in the different languages from the Backend administration? I mean the Virtuemart categories for example.

Yep, they are all translated. This site was working in j2.5 and even in j3.4.0 seems the update to 3.4.1 changed something but I insist in the fact that this only happens with vm pages and from the vm backend changing language in vendor has no effect so there is something weird going on.

I check the database and the vendor is stored in all languages translated but they dont show neither in backed or frontend.

Regards

franzpeter

Sorry to ask again. What happens if you go into the administration (Virtuemart) and select a category and you choose the dropdown to switch language. Does it show the different translations after switching, I mean Tomates instead of tomatos a.s.o. I did attach an image to better explain what I mean. It is just to find out if the admin part gets the translated strings.