News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

"Save, Save & Close, Close" buttons for Products no working

Started by Anirudh, March 22, 2015, 21:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extromedia

Hi all,

I also had this problem, but i didn't like the idea of doing a complete rollback to J3.4.0 , so this is my workaround:

The problem seems to be that that in J3.4.1 , some changes to the JForm Validator JavaScript file don't seem to work with VM 3.0.6.2 .
So i replaced the J3.4.1 validator js file with the 'old' J3.4.0 one, which solved the problem for me (please backup your Joomla installation first before doing any changes).

This is what to do:

1- get the J3.4.0 full package zip file (joomla.org)
2- open the zip file on your local computer and unzip the file /media/system/js/validate.js
3- FTP to your online Joomla installation
4- browse to the directory /media/system/js and rename the existing validate.js to e.g. 341-validate.js
5- upload the validate.js file you extracted from the J3.4.0 full package to your online Joomla installation (/media/system/js)
6- That's it, you should now be able to save your products again.
Note: you can easily revert the changes, since the original J3.4.1 js file is only renamed.

This is only a workaround, but for now, it should do the trick.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

hakan26

extromedia

partesyaccesorios

I feel the same, had joomla 3.3.6 and update to 3.4.1 and stop working the save button Save , Save & Close, Close .

I virtumart 3.0.6.2

Someone already found a solution?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member