"Save, Save & Close, Close" buttons for Products no working

Started by Anirudh, March 22, 2015, 21:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anirudh

"Save, Save & Close, Close" buttons are working for all over the website except Products.

I guess I started facing this problem after creating a custom field and used it in Product.

My virtuemart version: VirtueMart 3.0.6.2
My Joomla Version: 3.4.1

Mike J

Same prob here. A number of others looking for solution also.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

padalec

I am also facing the same problems.

Save / Save & Close button not working in VM3. In Joomla articles buttons works ok.

UPDATE: I doesn't work only on PRODUCTS. I can save PRODUCT CATEGORIES.

I tried to clear cache, purge cache, clear browser cache and reload browser ...

VirtueMart 3.0.6.2
Joomla: 3.4.1

Mike J

Yes padalec... Exactly the same situation here. Hopefully someone is working on a fix...
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

Thomas Huesser

Same problem here. It's only in products.
Using Joomla 3.4.1 and Virtuemart 3.0.6.2

In Firefox the console shows an error from jquery:

Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #mprices[product_price_publish_up][]-lbl

UPDATE: Did update to Virtuemart 3.0.6.3 RC. Update worked, but did not solve this problem.

Mike J

Yes Thomas. I get exactly the same error. I read a post somewhere today in which, apparently someone got around it by using Jquery Easy. I installed it but couldn't get it workin. :-\  If someone finds a quick fix please post.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

Thomas Huesser

Another error maybe related (or not?): changing or adding an image in products (and also in product categories) does not work.
Entering text in the image search field, does nothing.
It also shows an error in the console:
TypeError: invalid 'in' operand a (in jquery.min.js)

lopezalejandro

Alejandro López
Grupo Odín Soluciones Informáticas
http://grupoodin.es

Thomas Huesser

Thanks.
Installing the 3.4.0 stable update package solved the problem.

Milbo

I worked some hours today on it to find a solution, but it just would mean to copy the js of j3.4 in our core, just to fix this bug. I hope that they fix it next version, else we have to replace the whole jooma js. I try to avoid this extra work
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Mike J

Appreciated Milbo,

For those of us waiting would you recommend that we sit it out or is a roll back to 3.4 possible?

Updating the Joomla files is one thing but I'm concerned that database will need to be tweaked also.

I saw the update to 3.4.1 and thought why not? (thought no need to run a quick back up first ??? )

Cheers

Woops - Just read your coments: "It seems the solution is to use j3.4.1 with the js of j3.4.0" in another post. Will give it a go.
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

lindapowers

And how you put the js of 3.4.0 in to 3.4.1 thats what I dont understand, what files to move.

Mike J

Hi there,

I've been lookin around (like you).

This is the best actual hands on fix so far: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128981.msg443613#msg443613

It's hard to know if it's worth the hassle but as we don't know how long until a better solution will come along we may have to try.

I just wish I's made a simple back up before installing the update.  :(

Please let me know how you.

All the best
VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39

huildino

And how you put the js of 3.4.0 in to 3.4.1 thats what I dont understand, what files to move.

Mike J

Have you got FTP access or can you get to your installation file manager via cpanel? Make a back up first.

It would be a matter of getting the older version of Joomla and installing it (folders and files) straight over the top of the newer updated version that's causing the problems.

Re: which js files it too hard to know from what I can tell.

The post above: https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128981.msg443613#msg443613 describes a full overwrite I believe. The best info right now on how to roll back...

VirtueMart 4.0.2 10661
Joomla! ‎3.10.11
PHP 7.4.30
mysql 5.7.39