PRODUCTS SAVE Not functioning after editing DB direct through myPHPAdmin

Started by saviB, April 14, 2015, 16:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saviB

I've been working on editing shop contents data through myPHP admin. After making additions, I can no longer make changes in ADMIN/PRODUCTS. The SAVE and SAVE AND CLOSE tabs do not function. Tabs in Configuration etc all save fine.

What field(s) of the db could cause this error?

Note - I did find one issue. IN the db, some product names had "" marks. When clicking the save tab in ADMIN/PRODUCTS I noticed the title field was empty and highlighted red. I corrected the table through myPHPAdmin by removing all instances of "" and it cleared that up. But - still no ability to save.

I also engaged DEBUG and I receive no error messages on click of save tab in ADMIN/PRODUCTS.

This is a fresh install of Joomla and VM - latest versions of each.

jenkinhill

latest versions of each.

Please specify the exact versions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

saviB

VirtueMart 3.0.6.2
Joomla! 3.4.1

PHP Built On    Linux serv01.siteground210.com 2.6.32.59-sg3 #9 SMP Wed Sep 26 03:29:25 CDT 2012 x86_64
Database Version    5.5.32-31.0-log
Database Collation    utf8_general_ci
PHP Version    5.4.33
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version    Joomla Platform 13.1.0 Stable [ Curiosity ] 24-Apr-2013 00:00 GMT
User Agent    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:36.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/36.0

saviB

It may be important to note that Save and Close, Save, and Cancel do not function. Help and Permissions do.

These are the tables I edited:

virtuemart_categories
virtuemart_categories_en_gb
virtuemart_category_categories
virtuemart_category_medias
virtuemart_products
virtuemart_products_en_gb
virtuemart_product_categories
virtuemart_product_customfields
virtuemart_product_manufacturers
virtuemart_product_medias
virtuemart_product_prices

And this is what Debug displays:

vmdebug PHP 5.4

vmdebug Show All Errors

vmdebug $siteLang: en-GB self::$_jpConfig->lang en_gb

vmdebug vmTime: time to load config: 0.00533890724182129

vmdebug Start used Ram 9M

vmdebug vmTime: VirtueMartControllerProduct Finished task product: 0.203361034393311

vmdebug End used Ram 18M

vmdebug Peak memory peak 18M

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

saviB

Hey - thanks!

For those of you who like me didn't think your issue was the same as those found by searching this forum, it probably is. In my case, I'm simultaneously working on 4 different VM / Joomla projects. Only this one site had the PRODUCT/SAVE issue - and only after editing the database directly (I considered unique from the other posts).

But, jenkinhill and others (unnecessarily rude others it seems) are correct - the issue is easily solved with updating to 3.0.7 - even though your admin shows you have the current version at 3.0.6.2.

Note - after installing the 3.0.7 package, I got the twirly Joomla logo for a few minutes and finally ended up in a Gateway Time Out. Using the back button showed the update loaded fine though, and installing the AIO worked fine. I found no threads for this in the forum - so thought I'd mention it.