News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Moving existing eshop to virtuemart

Started by gremon, March 21, 2015, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gremon

Hello,

I am the website admini of our company's eshop and i have been looking to virtuemart's technical characteristics for a while now. Although i haven't proceeded to an active virtuemart installation, i have seen the admin panel live demo in a admin friend who runs a virtuemart eshop website and i find it to be quite user friendly and with lot's of "goodies" missing from our current eshop platform.

I am thinking on moving our existing website to the virtuemart platform.

This whole step seems a quite danderous one, mainly due to our search engines rankings, which i am very much afraid we will lose.

My question is, is there a way to bulk import our current eshop website to a new virtuemart installation? (mainly products pages, but there are also blog posts and company profile pages which rank well)

If so, is there a way to keep our existing urls for every page on the site in the new virtuemart platform in order to keep our google rankings and our outbound links?

Please note that a page by page redirect forwarding is not a suitable method to keep our existing urls, as there are more than 4.000 products loaded on the existing website, and redirecting these urls one by one would make me decide to better suiscide.

Thank you very much for your time.
Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.

Aristoteles

Studio 42

YOu can adapt some setings in virtuemart/Joomla for seo and alias.
I cannot give you a real solution, because i don't know your current shop adress to see how this is rewrited.
Perhaps you can adapt all to have the same URLs

gremon

I didn't post my eshop's url so that i would not be considered as spammer.
My current engine is nopcommerce (windows based), and leads to an expensive web hosting (windows is far more expensive than linux) and luck of many functions availiable to virtue mart.

Another bad thing about windows hosting is that i myself have some knowledge of php/mysql, and no knowledge at all on windows hosted platforms, which makes administration a hell.

Is there a bulk way to import data to virtue mart?
Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity.

Aristoteles

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation