Error in "Add to Cart" function after upgrading to new Virtuemart 3.0.6.2

Started by Fontcept, March 20, 2015, 10:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fontcept

Hi there

I am having a problem on my e-commerce site with Virtuemart.
When a client wants to buy something and clicks on the "Add to cart" option, the popup window does not come up and it's as if the button is not working at all.
However this just happens to other users and not at all to me - the Super user.

I have checked in Virtuemart Configuration, but cant seem to find any problems. Am I missing something?

Here is a link to the site so that you can see for yourself: http://test.studychamp.co.za/index.php/worksheets/grade-2/163/gr2-english-ws/numeracy2/worksheets-grade-2-numeracy

I am using Joomla 3.4.0
PHP version - 5.4.38-0+deb7u1

Please help as this is quite an urgent matter and I have to get this site Live and working by next week

Thank you

jenkinhill

I had no problem adding products to the cart using Firefox36. However I did see a JavaScript error in the cart when using FireBug:
TypeError: jQuery(...).vm2front is not a function
jQuery("#checkoutFormSubmit").bind("click dblclick", function(e){

I see that you are loading two versions of jQuery and of jquery-noconflict.js. Script errors are frequently seen with crapisteer templates and often have been associated with non-functional VM. However, it does seem to work for me (I use).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Fontcept

Thank you for your response.
However I'm still struggling to understand how I can get rid of this problem as it is confirmed that it is only in some browsers?

How can I fix these JavaScript errors?

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this issue!

Thanks

jenkinhill

Start by ruling out the template, try switching to Beez to see if the error goes away.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Pablo

Hello, having a similar issue. The products are added to the cart, but only having passed a few seconds after clicking "Add to cart". If a client inmediately clicks on "View Cart" in the Related Products pop up, the item is not added to the cart.

¿Any ideas? I have eliminated the "js folder" in my template folder to avoid javascript errors.

My link is http://losjabonesdemimujer.com/jabon/jabon-de-argan-detail

Thanks in advance.

Pablo

Studio 42

I think, your server is simply to slow. And the javascript is not applied
Hope this is a free server ?

marvays