News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Shop Vendor - Can't change settings

Started by Curtis Miller, March 20, 2015, 06:14:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curtis Miller

J3.4.0
VM 3.0.6.2

Hi All

After what I thought was a successful migration of a V2 to V3 site I now have a shop vendor setting issue.
It doesn't matter what I do I don't seem to be able to set the shop vendor details without some kind of error appearing. 

Mostly they have been email already in use or username in use. Just to be clear as to what I've done to deal with those error messages please read below
1. Removed all users with relevant emails / usernames.
2. Tried to add in new details but Shopper Information won't change to any new details and the username field automatically goes back to the super user details that are currently in there.
3. Tried editing the shopper information that is set as the Vendor, including emails, username and other details but the Shopper Details in the Shop Config always remains that of the super user.
4. Set up new Super User, again to no avail.
5. Tried editing info in Database, again to no avail.
6. Yes, I have also tried turning on multi vendor and only one vendor is chosen, the account details that I want to appear but these aren't the details that appear in the Shop Config Shopper Information

EDIT - further info
After clearing out users etc to make sure that there is no chance of errors appearing as mentioned above, I managed to save and get the following message

Notice
User data stored
Vendor data stored

However, all the info fields are now empty again and have resorted back to the super user details.

The system seems to be stuck.  What I setup is the following.

1. Super user is web admin / not the client.
2. Shop Vendor is client.

Any ideas as to why this going on?

Regards

Curtis

pwidner

Same problem here as well. Can't change to shop owner to receive notification.
j3.7.4 + vm3.7.1

Milbo

Please use this version http://dev.virtuemart.net/attachments/download/1087/com_virtuemart.3.2.3.9624_extract_first.zip

The function setting the shop owner got enhanced. Just go to the "Tools Migration" thing and set there the desired id of the vendor. You may also check the ACL, maybe a right is just missing.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

irsinternet

I know this post is old, but I have the same problem. I'm running VM 3.2.14 on Joomla 3.8.12. Do I install that old version of VM that was linked in order to get this to work?

jenkinhill

What a strange idea!  Set the store owner/vendor ID in the Tools/Migration tab.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum