News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Google maps in custom fields

Started by VMRESLO, March 18, 2015, 18:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VMRESLO

Hi everybody!

I am pretty new to virtuemart and I would like to have a custom field in which I would enter the location or coordinates in the backend and then have a google map on the product frontend. My page is about showing a real estate catalogue and having diferent google maps for every product would be really important for me.

I am using VirtueMart 3.0.6.2 on joomla 3.4.

Any help would be very appreciated!

jenkinhill

You will probably have to code a plugin for that if you want it as a custom. Easier would be to use a Joomla gmap plugin (there are a few) and load it into the product description.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

VMRESLO

Thank you for the quick reply. Any idea how to do that? :)

I was kind of hoping that creating a plug-in custom field with google maps would be possible..I installed several google maps plug-ins but none can be found when I try to make a new plug-in custom field. I have only 2 possibilities..one is customer text input and the other product specification. Is there a possibilty to make a google map plug-in appear in the select plug-in array?

Thank you in advance :)

VMRESLO

About adding maps in the product description, works perfectly with Google Maps by Reumer plug-in, thank you very much for all the help.

Still hoping for a solution in custom fields though:)