News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

vm 2.6.17 registration form does not work

Started by antonino78, March 18, 2015, 10:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonino78

Hello,
my user pointed out to me a big problem.
When you register module fron end data is not entered into the database.
After entering all the data, and I click on REGISTER solution I see a message cache clean
I'm not getting any mail new user.
User is not present in the backend
My version virtuemart 2.6.17 and joomla 2.5.28
please is urgent, how to solve?

JussiH

Similar problem here!

It started with VM2.6.16 and didn´t go away after upgrading to 2.6.17
Using Joomla 2.5.28

When a user tries to register he will get no confirmation or error message but a white page with the user name only.
No emails sent but the user shows up in the Joomla user manager as inactive user.

In VM only the user name, displyed name and email address is shown. No shopper ID number, no shopper group, address etc.
As if only the info required for Joomla registration was transmitted - but of course we´re using the VM registration form!

The password will also be stored bc users can log in but as soon as they want to check out, an error message "please register" will be displayed.
VM sadly lists those users as belonging to the default shopper group in the overview (but they are clearly not) so the problem didn´t get our attention until users reported the errors.

Please help!

Milbo

Quote from: JussiH on April 02, 2015, 22:57:08 PM
When a user tries to register he will get no confirmation or error message but a white page with the user name only.
Enable the error reporting in vm and tell us the error.

- but of course we´re using the VM registration form!
Good to know

The password will also be stored bc users can log in but as soon as they want to check out, an error message "please register" will be displayed.
Looks like registered in joomla, but not vm.

VM sadly lists those users as belonging to the default shopper group in the overview
Any user without any shoppergroup gets the "default" shoppergroup. So a joomla user without vm tables also has the default shoppergroup, that is normal.

I am not able to reproduce the problem. So I need a lot more information

Which view do you use to register, please provide the rel. link without SEF, so that I can see what you are actually doing. Next are the registration configurations in Joomla.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JussiH

Thank you for the fast reply!

I´ve found the problem in the meantime. It was a plugin for coupon codes which checked on registration.
After disabling the plugin everything works again.

Happy Easter!  ;D