News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3 SSL install

Started by kevinsimms, March 16, 2015, 22:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevinsimms

How do I setup my SSL certificate in VM 3?  Posts for VM2 mention a path/url tab but I am not seeing it.  Thanks to anyone who can help.

jenkinhill

Nothing to do with VM. The certificate is set up on the host server - most hosts can advise on this and usually sell you a suitable cert which they may set up for you. A certificate also needs a dedicated IP address for the domain. Then just turn on "Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended)" in VM config.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AjaD

Kelvyn, you obviously know a lot about this.... So it it enough to just check in the Configuration to Enable SSL for sensitive areas OR do I have to Force SSl on Entire Site in the main Joomla configuration too?
And, in the VM3 Configuration "Enable SSL for sensitive areas" pop up not says "Be sure to use the right Joomla settings for user maintenanace, anonymous order and login" - where are these settings and what should they be?

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you,

Andrea

GJC Web Design

QuoteSo it it enough to just check in the Configuration to Enable SSL for sensitive areas OR do I have to Force SSl on Entire Site in the main Joomla configuration too?

one or the other.. not both
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation