Joomla 3.4, VM 3.0.6.2 More Category, Product Details lang localization problems

Started by prokops, March 16, 2015, 09:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Studio 42

The new problem in Joomla 3.3.6+ is that the oriented way to do multi-language is to use menu association and joomla simple use the current itemid in other case.
But what is the right way?
Manually set itemid for category? but the time you change something in the Joomla menu links the route is false and at end you have more problems with the settings.

The current problem is that Joomla code is suite the need of the core components, but this have mostly 1 or 2 views only. All other components have some bugs with sef (and Joomla  core, if you don't set the menu links). I do not think that the vm router is the most bugged compared to the work he have to do.

Milbo

Thank you, YES, man.

The reason I think about to write a new router plugin. Which must be worked out as mathematical bijective function, converting between two exactly defined sets. And anything which is not defined must be done generically.
And then we think about the problem how to cache URLs outside of that. The itemId is either taking over the URL or not. Must be defineable by itemId and so on. And a well designed function to get the right itemId or to check the itemId. and all of that should be configurable.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

@Max.

- You didnt offer any help when me and others reported the bug. When I wrote you in skype you invited me (yes with other users) to pay the insulting quantity of 500 euros to fix this. (Oh sorry this was for the child products redirect, for this case you didnt even reply)

My other option was paying an external programmer without knowing if the fix will be included.

But is not about the money Max, is about you having 0 interest in improving a system. I read vm project leader in your signature, If that was me and someone reported a bug Id like to improve my system.

- Yes I had a developer to check this and he replied what I copied here 2 days ago... sorry it took me so long to post it here!

I dont know Patrick whatsoever since the guy that checked this for us is and Indian programmer. Sadly I have no doubt that he reported the bug on skype 1 year ago and got completely ignored cause that happened to me dozens of times.

You have now released vm 3.0.8 and I see new features for multivariants etc etc

And there are 2 main bugs in vm currently:

- Child products stock issue that basicly affects all shops in j3

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128777.0

Another of my crazy topics writing alone with another guy for a function that affects all the ***obscenity removed*** users of this software.

- In shop section /vendor tab switching languages only show the default one, again reported on forum, on skype to valérie and she told me that in the testing chat this was also reported.

So tell me where on earth we are supposed to report bugs?

Next time ill ask JJK directly and in case he doesnt have the issue ill asumme reporting it will become useless since you assume if it works for JJK there is a non existent bug.

If you were working in joomla 3 instead of 2.5 it would be a good start also, cause recommending us multilingual shoppers to use joomla 2.5... well...

If Hutson, Franz, JJK, Studio etc had not posted here this topic will have been lost and ignored as usual.

The fact that you and your team tell us that redirecting a language switch to the main shop is normal or common doesnt mean is the correct way.
We users learned how to deal with that since there was no other option but changing language from a product detail page should redirect to the same product detail page in the chosen language, I don't say this, logic does.

Ill pay the bronze when you listen to us vm shop owners instead of the guys that sell websites to us vm shop owners.

Milbo

Quote from: lindapowers on April 21, 2015, 17:13:19 PM
- You didnt offer any help when me and others reported the bug. When I wrote you in skype you invited me (yes with other users) to pay the insulting quantity of 500 euros to fix this. (Oh sorry this was for the child products redirect, for this case you didnt even reply)

You mix really a lot things. I said writing the feature, that the multivariant do not directly redirect you to the product detail costs 500 euro at least. I cannot change that. You can fool someone else. It is not my fault that the world is complex. If you find someone who does it for less, you just do not pay what it is worth and actually not even the 500 euro reflect the worth. I said fundraise the money, give me 500 and I do it. As long others give me money todo their features, but you dont give any,.. then do not complain, blame and spread lies.

My other option was paying an external programmer without knowing if the fix will be included.
Yeh because it has to follow open stated rules, my experience with doing this since 5 years is that there are not a lot people able to deliver the quality.

But is not about the money Max, is about you having 0 interest in improving a system.
Interesting, and why we have not vm2.0.0 then? Without me there wouldnt be any vm2 assumingly. So why the heck do you say that? ah I get the idea, you want to be accepted as serious person. The problem is, it makes you just ridicolous. You know very well that I am interested to improve the system. I worked hours if not days for FREE FOR YOU! and you never noticed that. For you it was normal that we did bugfixing for free. You do not understand that I fix some bugs for free, and others not. It depends on how much people are affected by it and on complexity. So why I should fix a bug for a person which
- insults me
- spread lies
- and imply evil behaviour
??

I read vm project leader in your signature, If that was me and someone reported a bug Id like to improve my system.
Yeah and then just look at the amount of versions released by me http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files.

Sadly I have no doubt that he reported the bug on skype 1 year ago and got completely ignored cause that happened to me dozens of times.
Yeh you even refuse to read what I wrote, useless. I wrote why it got ignored. And I give you a little tip, I kicked Patrick out of the team. Others would have just banned him, period. over and out!

- In shop section /vendor tab switching languages only show the default one, again reported on forum, on skype to valérie and she told me that in the testing chat this was also reported.

I have no clue what you are talking about. Write here in the forum. have in mind we are all humans, have limited time and ressources, quite easy. and if someone is so nasty like you both guys, dont wonder that you are ignored.

If you were working in joomla 3 instead of 2.5 it would be a good start also, cause recommending us multilingual shoppers to use joomla 2.5... well...

yeh you are really intelligent. Yeh just ignore any facts I told before, just ignore any answer, ignore reality, stick with your dreams man. Really. There is no need for a serious shop owner to use j3, no single advantage.

The fact that you and your team tell us that redirecting a language switch to the main shop is normal or common doesnt mean is the correct way.
We users learned how to deal with that since there was no other option but changing language from a product detail page should redirect to the same product detail page in the chosen language, I don't say this, logic does.

and again implying. Man, you are really disgusting and full of falsehood. I cant say it different. Where did I say it is "normal" or "common". I never wrote that. I wrote something with the meaning of "it does not hurt a real shopper", that is something completly different. And of course it is nice that changing the language keeps the URL, of course it was meant like that. But somehow, I never got a report about this bug (except for j3 and I explained already, why we ignored it).

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member