Joomla 3.4, VM 3.0.6.2 More Category, Product Details lang localization problems

Started by prokops, March 16, 2015, 09:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjk

Just another idea - what happens if you turn off the mobile and tablet display in your template (I don't know if that template has the option to turn off 'Responsive')?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lindapowers

Quote from: jjk on March 26, 2015, 19:27:53 PM
Just another idea - what happens if you turn off the mobile and tablet display in your template (I don't know if that template has the option to turn off 'Responsive')?

Here you touched the mindblowing thing.

If I disable what they call "mobile view" in the desktop version of the website I get the same issue but watching the website from a mobile device in desktop mode shows the translations.

And the reply of the company doesn't help much either:"unfortunately we do not have any clue what may cause this strange problem, yet. Our mobile theme works exactly as the desktop version and both use even the same files. So if the mobile views are translated then also the desktop view should be correct."

jjk

Hmm...
What cache setting do you use? Does 'Purge expired cache' make any difference?
If it's a router issue, there there might be a different behavior when SEF urls are set to off.

lindapowers

joomla cache is disabled.

Tried without SEF with same effect. And purge expired cache doesnt seem to have effect on this.

Regards

jjk

Next attempt  :)

I think your Yagedoo image menu on the right side doesn't seem to switch languages correctly.
Using Firebug I can see the following:

<a class="yag_title" href="/es/tienda/artisan-products.html">
<span class="yagendoo_cat-image_cat_title">Artisan products</span>
</a>

<a class="yag_title" href="/en/shop/artisan-products.html">
</a>

Note that it looks correct until 'tienda' or 'shop', but the link always seems to use the same image and alt attribute as a link (not a text link).

prokops

QuoteAre you suggesting that I have to make a joomla menu in every language for every product in my shop, in order to correctly associate via the language switcher ?

Cheers,
prokop

Yes that is the joomla way. Shadow menus.

If the idea is that every item in the shop must have a corresponding menu in order to function well in Virtuemart, then it presents a steep challenge if you run multiple shops with several hundred products.
Surely this process can be made automated ?

lindapowers

Quote from: jjk on March 28, 2015, 09:55:12 AM
Next attempt  :)

I think your Yagedoo image menu on the right side doesn't seem to switch languages correctly.
Using Firebug I can see the following:

<a class="yag_title" href="/es/tienda/artisan-products.html">
</a>

<a class="yag_title" href="/en/shop/artisan-products.html">
</a>

Note that it looks correct until 'tienda' or 'shop', but the link always seems to use the same image and alt attribute as a link (not a text link).

Hi sir many thanks for the post, it opened my eyes. Sometimes is not enough to change to beez template while there is a framework from a template, plugins etc installed.

So I decided to backup my site on a test server and started removing the yagendoo modules, that had no effect, changing template neither but then I finally uninstalled their template and plugins and there we had beez showing up all translations perfectly. So time to write them... thanks for all!

Quote from: prokops on March 28, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
QuoteAre you suggesting that I have to make a joomla menu in every language for every product in my shop, in order to correctly associate via the language switcher ?

Cheers,
prokop

Yes that is the joomla way. Shadow menus.

If the idea is that every item in the shop must have a corresponding menu in order to function well in Virtuemart, then it presents a steep challenge if you run multiple shops with several hundred products.
Surely this process can be made automated ?

Yes I agree with you. Is non viable for most shops to create menu items for each single product manually. I always though the vm guys will find a way to deal with it but seems the Joomla system doesnt help them much in this sense.

In our case we resigned to redirect the user on language switch to the shop frontpage. Not ideal of course.

Regards

jjk

Quote from: prokops on March 28, 2015, 12:57:31 PM
If the idea is that every item in the shop must have a corresponding menu in order to function well in Virtuemart, then it presents a steep challenge if you run multiple shops with several hundred products.  Surely this process can be made automated ?

In my bilingual shop I build menu items for the VM categories in each language and associate these. I do not associate individual products and therefore don't need a create a menu item for products. I think it is sufficient when the customers have the opportunity to switch languages on the homepage and in the categories. Customers who enter the shop from the homepage, will usually first select their prefered language before they open a category and a product details page. And those who clicked on a snippet from the search engines, are automatically directed to the language of the search engine snippet (which they were obviously able to read).

I'm not aware of any tool that generates and associated menu items for VM products automatically.

jjk

Quote from: lindapowers on April 16, 2015, 17:48:34 PM
Is this your module Studio?

That belongs to Patrick in France. Member name 'Studio 42' here in the forum. (See page 1 in this forum thread)

lindapowers

So this demanded for years was possible with a module!

Im happy there is a solution finally anyway, although this should be part of vm.

Studio 42

This is not possible in virtuemart, because a bug in the router.php for language switching, i reported it for more then 6 months to valerie in skype.
I don't know if someone reported it to the team.
Because no one wanted fix the bug, i decide to rewrite manually the links without the router.
Without doing this, it's not possible to switch language inside virtuemart.

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on April 17, 2015, 17:09:12 PM
This is not possible in virtuemart, because a bug in the router.php for language switching, i reported it for more then 6 months to valerie in skype.
You are really funny. The vm router is 95% your work. If you want to report a bug, then do it here.

Quote from: Studio 42 on April 17, 2015, 17:09:12 PM
Because no one wanted fix the bug, ....

Please stop bitching, lieing and implying. Why do you say that? All what needs to be done is to create a clone of the joomla language switcher and to use the current link, like we do with the search or currency switcher. Not even 2 hours.

No one told me that it is a problem. From my point of view the joomla module is just pathetic. and if you would be so cool Patrick, you would just donate it to the core and not sell it.

I have not a problem that you sell it, go ahead. But blaming us for not having it for free and to sell it at the same time is just dishonest.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

and also very stupid from your point of view. If you damage the VM brand by this behaviour, what we are going todo? We add it to the core and then you destroyed your business.
Patrick, It makes a lot more sense to not blame joomla or VM while you earn money with it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member