VM2 stockable variants' bug when added to cart (VM3 solution?)

Started by TeeJay.net, March 11, 2015, 16:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay.net

Hi there,
I got into a pretty troublesome situation and I'm not aware of a solution for this issue.

I'm still using latest VM2.6.16 and J2.5.28 as it works quite well, but if this issue is solved in VM3, I'm willing to go for the update.

Situation
I have a product "Dámská košile Mersi" (Women shirt Mersi). It's a shirt, so it can have multiple colours and sizes. Both colours and sizes are handled via Stockable Variants Plugin, therefore, there are multiple child products with different mix of colours and sizes. I also need to control the stock of each child variat, that's why I use Stockable Variants Plugin.

The problem
The URL for the parent is /damska-kosile-mersi (/women-shirt-mersi).
However, all the children have their URLs as well.

If I list all the variants in my shop, they will be like /damska-kosile-mersi-colour-size (/women-shirt-mersi-colour-size),
for instance brown colour of XL size has this URL: /damska-kosile-mersi-hneda-xl (/women-shirt-mersi-brown-xl).

The problem is that after I visit the URL of the child with a specified colour and size, the select boxes are set to their default values (black and S size), not to the options specified in the URL (specified XL and brown, got S and black (černá)).

Now what is supposed to be added to cart?
No matter what I choose, in the cart it's always wrong. The name of the product and its link is specified by the URL including colour and size, but under the name, the variant is controlled by what was selected in the select box, no matter the URL:

This is a screenshot from the cart. In the name, there is Women Shirt Mersi brown - XL, but below is the chosen variant as "black S".

At this point, the customer doesn't know what is he buying and the shopper doesn't know what the customer is buying either + mess in the stock, that's not good.

What am I supposed to do? Is there a solution for VM2? And is this issue resolved in VM3? I need to get it working.

Thank you.