News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product reloading seems to doesn't work on IE9

Started by Miku, March 06, 2015, 08:40:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miku

Yes, it should be but is not. IE still exists, many people use it, so you really thing the best solution is to MOVE ON? Do you think it's pleasure for me wasting my (and your time) to things like that? I just report bugs counting it manage to solve them. That's the idea of forum... If it's not possible, ok I will live further, but if it's possible why not to use of it? Do you think a banner will do the trick? I don't think so...
If VM devs' don't intend to deal with issues occurring on older browsers, please say it...

Miku

Quote from: Milbo on March 26, 2015, 15:25:27 PM
what about the facebox?
I don't see facebox option in virtuemart configuration....

AH

Regarding Fancybox vs facebox

admin/configuration/templates

bottom right

Use Fancybox

untick to use facebox.

QuoteDo you think a banner will do the trick? I don't think so...
If VM devs' don't intend to deal with issues occurring on older browsers, please say it...

My aim is to say what I feel - not what will work for you and your clients.

And yes a banner would have some impact (better than not putting anything at all)  In fact I intend to add one on my site as soon as I finish typing this. 

I would like things to work for IE9 possibly, but I am not suffering the issues you are clearly having.

I appreciate that we all provide help and request help in these forums - but I hope the devs are looking forwards - not peering back into the mists of time
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Miku

Quote from: Hutson on March 26, 2015, 20:32:33 PM
And yes a banner would have some impact (better than not putting anything at all)  In fact I intend to add one on my site as soon as I finish typing this. 
I definitelly agree: it would have some impact, but it doesn't resolve the issue completely.

Quote from: Hutson on March 26, 2015, 20:32:33 PM
I would like things to work for IE9 possibly, but I am not suffering the issues you are clearly having.
Do you mean ajax update work well for you on IE?

Milbo

He is my tester and got my file. the ajax reload does not work, but a proper fallback.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AH

QuoteHe is my tester

I tested things to help out the project - I do not work for Milbo as a tester - LMAO

Hmmmm... Muhh

I also used IE8 not IE9
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

Hutson, I just removed the chains from you and directly you become cheeky. :-P
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Miku

Quote from: Milbo on March 27, 2015, 09:53:12 AM
Hutson, I just removed the chains from you and directly you become cheeky. :-P
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Leaving the whole things not related to the issue...  The issue with ajax reload for IE8/9 was solved thanks to Milbo's fix.

try {
            history.pushState(stateObj, "", url);
        }
        catch(err) {
            // Fallback for IE
            window.location.href = url;
            return false;
        }

Thank you

Two things:

1. As I wrote  -  when the ajax reload finally had started to work it turned out that (at least for me) there's an issue with joomla sub-menu items...

2. There's also unclear question of disable the feature of ajax reloading (in product details) by jdynupdate command in VM config which also seems to not working properly (at least for me ).
Quote from: Milbo on March 26, 2015, 08:50:44 AM
and a config to disable the dynupdate (hmm should be called reload, actually) is already there. jdynupdate, and here the tutorial how to set http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128956.0

Anyway the main issue was solved.