News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Blank VM front page - VM product module not working after upgr to VM 3.0.6.2

Started by stensbo, March 05, 2015, 15:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stensbo

Using Joomla 2.5.27, Multi language (only DK in VM), Beez20 copy template, Virtuemart 3.0.6.2, PHP Version 5.6.6, vm overrides.

Joomla site is live - danrider.dk - vm shop is only for registered shopper.

Hi,

Just upgraded our test site. ( VM and AIO - no errors). When I login I get a blank page -  should have been VM FrontPage (normal with category (Phoca Dtree), cart, login, featured products). I can catch the top menu with url - Your account, your orders a.s.o and they Work fine.

(Everything worked in VM 3.0.6 except from featured products - modul did not respond if I disabled a product as featured - product still showed up and had a wird price.)

What have changed in VM3.0.6.2 that can cauce a blank VM frontpage.

Milbo

Quote from: stensbo on March 05, 2015, 15:17:35 PM
When I login I get a blank page
Enable in joomla config and vm config the developer error reporting mode and the vmdebug, that should help to see the error.

Quote from: stensbo on March 05, 2015, 15:17:35 PM
(Everything worked in VM 3.0.6 except from featured products - modul did not respond if I disabled a product as featured - product still showed up and had a wird price.)
Because it is using its own cache configuration. So you just saw the cached module.

What have changed in VM3.0.6.2 that can cauce a blank VM frontpage.

[/quote]
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

stensbo

Hi,

Thanks -  attached error.

Disabled Category dTree and got frontpage back  - have to solve this with another category modul  :(  ?

Milbo

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /var/www/danrider.dk/test/modules/mod_phoca_vm_catdtree/mod_phoca_vm_catdtree.php on line 99

Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method VirtueMartModelCategory::getChildCategoryList() should not be called statically in /var/www/danrider.dk/test/libraries/joomla/cache/controller/callback.php on line 159

I am sure Mr Phoca can solve this fast. The reason is that it is using a call which is deprecated since more than  a year, but I see my little error breaking the BC, will be fixed soon. Thank you for reporting
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

change in the category model /adminstrator/components/com_virtuemart/models/category.php at line 128 this

if(trim($this->_selectedOrdering) == 'c.ordering'){
   $this->_selectedOrdering = 'c.ordering, category_name';
}

to
if(trim($selectedOrdering) == 'c.ordering'){
   $selectedOrdering = 'c.ordering, category_name';
}

stensbo

Thanks Milbo,

Changed the code and asked Mr. Phoca if he can solve this.

Category dTree is back and appears to Work - still problems with featured product

Milbo

stensbo

I allready did that few times before last post..

Just tried Again and now featured products also appears to Work - thank you.

stensbo

Hi,

No - featured products does not Work anyway - please see attached.

Mr. Phoca said - no fatal error, so this should be OK

Milbo

wajcha001

try to turn off caching in your featured product module settings

stensbo

Thanks - have tried that  - no difference.

Settings in module are: Layout: default, Show: featured product, Shown product: 3, Product in a row: 3, Show: Div basered, Price : yes, Add to cart: no, Header Text: xxxxx, FooterText:   , Use category filter: no, Category:  xxxxx, MOD_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_CACHING_LABEL  : yes, MOD_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_CACHING_TIME_LABEL: 300

With this settings module does not Work. In firebug the X link - that shows up instead of a product - says that" it failed to load the given URL".

If I change the Use category filter: to yes  and set a category  the module is working and displays 3 products properly.

Milbo

Disable that MOD_VIRTUEMART_PRODUCT_CACHING_LABEL
or just delete the cache manually

stensbo

I have tried to disable cache in this module - even when cache is disabled and cache is deleted manually the module does not Work.
It only display products properly if I enable category filter as mentioned in last post - I want to show featured products from different categories.

stensbo

Joomla 2.5.28 - VM 3.0.6.4

Reverted test site back to VM 2.5.16 and did a new upgrade to 3.0.6.4 - still not succeeded to get VM featured products module to Work. Only 1 or 2 out of 3 products are displayed correctly - with normal settings for 3 Featured products in a row. This is with Beez20 template on.

I figured out a small workaround since module displays 3 products properly if I change the Use category filter:  to yes.

Created a unpublished category : Featured -  assigned featured products to that one to - set Use category filter: yes  - set Category : Featured and wupti 3 products in a row displayed properly.

I think module are supposed to  Work with normal settings so if you have any ideas what might be wrong it would be nice  :)