Redirect of generic child variants/ multivariants to product detail view

Started by lindapowers, March 04, 2015, 19:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on May 26, 2016, 18:13:32 PM
Quote from: lindapowers on May 26, 2016, 15:43:54 PM
The bulk orderstatus was my suggestion and I offered to pay for that feature but you decided it will be released only for the membership version and I told you I will only pay if it was released for everyone so please stop the lies.
It is already part of the free vm3.0.16. Silly.
And would have been part since vm 3.0.12 and cheaper for you if you kept a single version instead of that membership crap. Silly.

Milbo

You still do not understand the system, even Stefan explained it.

The normal vm3.0.14 had no bulk order editing. A member payed for it and so it got added to vm3.0.14.member, which is the base of vm3.0.16. So the members had the feature around 4 months earlier than you. So what is your problem? We call it early access.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

to underline, you have the feature "bulk order editing" already. and we do NOT maintain two different versions, exactly because it costs a lot energy.

The category ajax stuff costed at least 1000 euro. So far we collect the half of it. So long it wont be in the public version and just provided as override.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

The bulk order status development cost was 450 euros for 5 hours work you said. 450/5= 90 €
So if you charge 90 € per hour I have to assume this development of 1000 euros took you more than 11 hours of development. Let's say I believe it (which I don't).

Developers work for 15/40 € per hour in Europe, even less, not to mention Indian and eastern european devs which are even cheaper.
90 € per hour lets see:
8 hours 5 days a week 3.600 € per week, 14.400 € per month. I think you are too expensive for Microsoft.

And you wonder why we pay 3rd party developers?

Please be serious and come down to earth with money. Saying this feature costs 1000 euros can't be taken seriously unless you are Mark Zuckerberg.

Studio 42

Hi max,
Because you speak about my work, i think i need to answer.
I don't want to fight about that, but i think you get enough money because your VM shop have direct link from the Virtuemart main site. So i don't understand why you need member ship ?
You only frustrate potential customer for your own shop on doing this, because at a moment they change to hickashop or another solutions because you have other priority as serve the community.
By the way i get more customer thanks this.
And when any user send me a patch or suggestion i control it and fix it, i can you give all months more then 20 fix in components i write, not only in virtuemart .
Yes i say to my customer to buy some of your product, some had problem and had to remove your plugin and have never said you do some bad code.
ANd if you will i can send you some code you wrote yourself having Error or some customer that paid for your extentions and was not working. You want the list  ?
As i say always : nobody is perfect.
Simply review a code to check it work, is this so complicate to understand my 3 lines of code ?
If your code was so perfect now, i don't understand why you need to work so many on it since 2013 ?

I dont want to speak about the code quality or i can write 20 page about this. Simply wrok as a team and do not always check each people.

All day i do fix because other people(designer,developers,customer) and i simple check with it to find a better solution. Only you are always to complain.
Why?
I'm not happy with your last javascript code and in vm3.0.16 not many more, but have you here some complain last months ?
I only have give you some other model to do it. After it's your choice, i simply hope you don't have to change it in 6 months.

So stop to complain about code, most of time, this are only suggestion, not final code. I have no tester to check each situation.

For info.
If you activate SEF, it's not possible to call with jroute a plugin > selfCallFe. Virtuemart handel it as a category.
YOu removed SEF for cart continue link, but it work most of time using right menu settings. Why you cannot fix it, if you are a so good PHP coder ?
But i don't want to list all problem i have because Virtuemart. I simply search solutions so it work and pray that a day someone have same problem and some generous core member fix it.

Milbo

lol, you have really no clue. 90 euro is for ONE hour, but not for 5 hours, not for a week. The development of the ajax stuff costs more than one week. We got 600 euro for it. and now calculate again. Beware I wrote "we" got, not "I".

Milbo

Patrick, I am quite sure I earn less money than you. And the membership AGAIN is for the CORE. All what is done for the membership comes to the core.

Stop spreading lies all the time, how often I should say that.

http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail

Extras:
Extra modules to make multilanguage with Joomla easier (there will come more).
Multilanguage vendor module (for legal requirements, Impressum)
Additional layouts for product views, category views, etc. (For example 'add multiple products')

As you can see, all of this extras are NOT IN THE CORE! They are all done by module or overrides!

EARLY ACCESS

The memberversion is not different than the normal version. It is more like an early access version containing fixes reported by users and also new features payed by members. Any changes in the core files are sooner or later used in the standard version, also. All changes are in the same svn trunk as the main version.

What should I say more to that. Being member means higher priority that we fix the current bug of a member. Being member means that we integrate new features to the core. All the time we have new features in the core, who pays that? who? you? no.

and besides some bugfixes, almost none is working for the core. There are a lot 3rd party developers who sell their bugfixes, features and do NOT donate them to the core. and that is NOT because I do not accept foreign code. check the svn there are
- other committers than me
- also committs of mine, where you can see that I thank users for their code, I also mentioned them sometimes in a news. So when I would do the same as most other people, I just would sell my 3rd party stuff, but then we would have the same situation as in vm1.1.4 times. There would be almost no core development.

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 26, 2016, 23:24:44 PM
Yes i say to my customer to buy some of your product, some had problem and had to remove your plugin and have never said you do some bad code.
Why do you not asked them to write a ticket to me? so that I can solve their problem?

Simply review a code to check it work, is this so complicate to understand my 3 lines of code ?
If your code was so perfect now, i don't understand why you need to work so many on it since 2013 ?
The whole router.php was your code. Completly. vm3 was remainly removing your customfield code. It is just my expierience that your code is most time beta stadium, or you fix something and break something else. You are a good fixer for a customer who wants something special but not suitable for a "framework" which should fit to a lot of people.

but have you here some complain last months ?
I only have give you some other model to do it. After it's your choice, i simply hope you don't have to change it in 6 months.

So stop to complain about code, most of time, this are only suggestion, not final code. I have no tester to check each situation.
I do not complain about. You and lindapowers accuse me all the time, that I do not take foreign code and that is just not true. Just because I do not take your code. And the reason is exactly "not final code. I have no tester to check each situation." so I cannot use it! So now you agreed yourself that your code is not enough tested and checked and there is the reason that I do not take it.

YOu removed SEF for cart continue link, but it work most of time using right menu settings. Why you cannot fix it, if you are a so good PHP coder ?
If it would be easy, the solution would be in the forum. So it is not easy and I have no one who pays me all day to fix that problem, when we can avoid it. Simple.

Studio 42

Quote from: Milbo on May 26, 2016, 23:36:40 PM
Patrick, I am quite sure I earn less money than you. And the membership AGAIN is for the CORE. All what is done for the membership comes to the core.

I hope not. i think if VM had not need to be fixed so many time, you had more customer for your shop and more donation(if you add a donate button)
And in this case you can make all public.
I have wrote many feature for my customers and most will happy to add this in core, so you don't have to add overides or plugin for it.
But that you know, i fixed Valérie code too for some of they plugins, because my customer needed it quickly and i send back to Valérie the fixes so she fix it and i do same for OPC, some templates, plugins, awocoupon ...
Quote from: Milbo on May 26, 2016, 23:45:51 PM
Why do you not asked them to write a ticket to me? so that I can solve their problem?
They have wrote ticket, but you don't understanded and sayd 2 times they have no problem.

The whole router.php was your code. and code is 80% the same since 2013

QuoteSo now you agreed yourself that your code is not enough tested and checked and there is the reason that I do not take it.
I only give suggestion and hope you understand it.

QuoteIf it would be easy, the solution would be in the forum. So it is not easy and I have no one who pays me all day to fix that problem, when we can avoid it. Simple.
So why no public release in github so any can propose fix in branch. I use many time unoffical branch and test it(eg Joomla). It's so simple

StefanSTS

If someone provides the core of VirtueMart for free and does a few hours of developement for 90 Euros, he does not earn14.400 Euros a month through coding.

A developer has to take this kind of money to be able to invest time in research, keeping the knowledge up to date, fix bugs and answer recurring  questions in the forum among many others. If I see the hours of discussing problems in the developer chat, finding solutions, getting suggestions, applying new features to the core, I wonder why Max is not doing more coding stuff for money. Well, he wants the developement to go forward, and I guess that is just more important for him than getting rich fast. And then there are these people who are so jealous about 90 Euros an hour, that they just see the calculation 5 days x 8 hours x 4 weeks x 90 Euros equals filthy rich developer.

But some people will never understand that. I wonder, why you don't use another system, if VirtueMart is so bad. There are so many others.

Why don't you use Hikashop, Gambio, Magento or JTL Shop? These shop systems must be perfect for you.

Well, I know the answer why you use VirtueMart.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 27, 2016, 00:00:04 AM
I hope not. i think if VM had not need to be fixed so many time, you had more customer for your shop and more donation(if you add a donate button)
There is a donate button, we call it membership. It just gives you something back. But the effect is that people like you or Linda scream around. It is so dumbass silly.
Any donation must be taxed, so too small "donations" cost more money then they help. We also had a donation button, but we earned less than 1000 euro a year. You know that Patrick, you was part of the team that time.

yes and must be fixed all the time and then you tell " i think if VM had not need to be fixed so many time," OHHMHHGHH

really.

And in this case you can make all public.
Look, how should I trust you, that you can write good code, when you are not able to use the given information? All is public, there exists not two different versions.

I have wrote many feature for my customers and most will happy to add this in core, so you don't have to add overides or plugin for it.
I dont see it here in the forum and even when, I am quite sure it would not work for a general case.

They have wrote ticket, but you don't understanded and sayd 2 times they have no problem.
Can happen when people only write in french.

QuoteSo now you agreed yourself that your code is not enough tested and checked and there is the reason that I do not take it.
I only give suggestion and hope you understand it.
Then dont tell that I would not use your code by princip. No, the opposite is true. But it is always as here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=134268.msg466394#msg466394
I cannot take your code and thats it and the example above is one of the good ones. When you would have committ rights, you would have committed the broken code.

You do not analyse first "what should this piece of code do". You just see the problem and "fix" this problem but as I said many times, you create new ones.

QuoteIf it would be easy, the solution would be in the forum. So it is not easy and I have no one who pays me all day to fix that problem, when we can avoid it. Simple.
So why no public release in github so any can propose fix in branch. I use many time unoffical branch and test it(eg Joomla). It's so simple
Yes, exactly. It is in the svn, you du..... Really, I said that many times. I also learned, it makes more sense (faster and higher quality) to check 2 fixes by Pros, than to check 10 fixes of whatever users.

lindapowers

What a nonsense argument of course the donation has tax, that is why you can set a minimum, genius.

A donation button? Who knows where it was placed, since vm1 here and never saw it. Place it at the top of the forum and VM website and see how much you get.

Yes we agree the membership is so dumbass silly.

Studio 42

Max, i think you need to check how github work.
It's not possible to commit if you have no right to do it.
You simple do forks and pull request.
Never you can commit, completly the oposite of SVN, you don't have to allow any members to commit, any user can test a branch or a fork, without having to do any changes in the main code.
Total freedom and full safe, but perhaps the problem is here?

Studio 42

Quote from: Milbo on May 27, 2016, 08:19:36 AM
Can happen when people only write in french.
All 2 was not french, and speak well english and one have do 3 or 4 tickets in one week and you never returned any patch, or real answer or updates.
But i solved all on using my own plugin or other plugins, i don't want each time to explain you the problem, because you mean it's a personal attack.

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 27, 2016, 23:42:21 PM
But i solved all on using my own plugin or other plugins,

Then they wanted a feature and I explained them, that we dont have a plugin for and that I am sure there is a solution and they should google. Maybe I even told them to ask you. In general when someone comes and want a feature which needs an own plugin and we dont have that plugin and there exists already a plugin, then I usually advice to buy the plugin of the other developer.