Redirect of generic child variants/ multivariants to product detail view

Started by lindapowers, March 04, 2015, 19:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Quote from: Greystoke on April 02, 2016, 13:55:01 PM
Has anyone come up with a fix to stop the page redirecting to the product details page when the variant is changed

Nope... Still frustrated

Studio 42

Quote from: lindapowers on April 13, 2016, 01:22:44 AM
Has anyone come up with a fix to stop the page redirecting to the product details page when the variant is changed

Nope... Still frustrated
Hi Manu,
You know that most of codes get rejected, so i don't want loose time for nothing.
I have already provided a fix without any answer for somedays(and many before).
So if the team do not include the fix, i simply only do now fix that i need myself.
Sorry for all the VM user, but i think a moment i have to resolve me to not work for only 2 or 3 users. This is too costly in hours.

Regards,
Patrick

lindapowers

Quote from: Studio 42 on April 13, 2016, 17:04:56 PM
Quote from: lindapowers on April 13, 2016, 01:22:44 AM

Nope... Still frustrated
Hi Manu,
You know that most of codes get rejected, so i don't want loose time for nothing.
I have already provided a fix without any answer for somedays(and many before).
So if the team do not include the fix, i simply only do now fix that i need myself.
Sorry for all the VM user, but i think a moment i have to resolve me to not work for only 2 or 3 users. This is too costly in hours.

Regards,
Patrick

I know Patrick, that is why I didn't ask you for it cause I don't think it will be included.

Max said this was planned but later that if someone donates the code it will be added so who knows if this will ever get added, what is clear now is that many users see it as something needed.

Each time we use less childs, customers have no patience for the reload.

Regards

Studio 42

For info:
I have write a plugin for child display and perhaps i can include this future in the plugin.
For now it have only basic function (but more then standard generic child varriants) but the best is that he use override.
See http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/product-child-variants.htm but for now it's only the first shot, but i wan't implement the script to permit product changes in category without redirect to the product details.
With my tool VM Be Pro, you can then batch set this plugin and remove the generic child variant for the whole shop, so you can easy switch, how you need your settings because this is set in the plugin declaration and not in the product itself.
I'm on updating a site with this plugin to remove internal hack from the old developper and it work in another site under developpement too, so perhaps i can provide a live site using this in some days.

lindapowers

Quote from: Studio 42 on April 14, 2016, 00:09:28 AM
For info:
I have write a plugin for child display and perhaps i can include this future in the plugin.
For now it have only basic function (but more then standard generic child varriants) but the best is that he use override.
See http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/product-child-variants.htm but for now it's only the first shot, but i wan't implement the script to permit product changes in category without redirect to the product details.
With my tool VM Be Pro, you can then batch set this plugin and remove the generic child variant for the whole shop, so you can easy switch, how you need your settings because this is set in the plugin declaration and not in the product itself.
I'm on updating a site with this plugin to remove internal hack from the old developper and it work in another site under developpement too, so perhaps i can provide a live site using this in some days.

Hi Patrick but can a plugin by itself avoid the redirect and reload in category view?

This redirect is annoying to many users already, core team should notice it at least.

Studio 42

Quote from: lindapowers on May 24, 2016, 12:07:17 PM
Hi Patrick but can a plugin by itself avoid the redirect and reload in category view?
This redirect is annoying too many users already, core team should notice it at least.
I can try to implement it, if you need it.
I do some test and inform you, if  i find a solution, but this should not be a problem.

Studio 42

Hi manu,
I have finish the code for my plugin and tested it, i need to add some settings so you can use any template and i do the package but it work, the product is updated in the category without loading product details.
I tested add to cart and it work, price and image prices ... is updated too.
Greets,
Patrick

lindapowers

That sounds really nice Patrick, let us know when is published and for sale in your website,

In our case the only thing we require is to avoid the horrible redirect VM does, so just the default generic child variant custom field without the redirect on each child selection.

Regards

Milbo

You both are so silly.

It is part of the membership version vm3.0.16. But you both refuse to work correctly with us. You fight all the time your on your own, you can do that, but stop the lies please.
and it is NOT TRUE that we rechecked correct code. We reject the code of Patrick, because it has always errors and it is always so, that it may fix one problem, but create another.

Example is here http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=134268.msg466766#msg466766

and
Quote from: Milbo on February 05, 2016, 00:45:32 AM
If someone donates the code, it will be added.

Bulk order status change => by membership, and you lindapowers insulted me for it.
ajax reload for MV, GCV in category view was really a lot of work, payed by two memberships
Sorting of MV childs, payed by membership.

But you both refuse to buy a membership. You still get the advantages. So really, stop complaining.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

StefanSTS

Have to admit, the multi variant child ordering works like a charme. Whoever donated the membership for that, may be praised. ;-)

The system works for the people who support it at least.
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

lindapowers

Yes we are very silly Max.

The bulk orderstatus was my suggestion and I offered to pay for that feature but you decided it will be released only for the membership version and I told you I will only pay if it was released for everyone so please stop the lies.

Now again you release this feature only for the membership version so 99% of users can't use it, fantastic. You claim to have no time for core fixes and maintenance of addons but you release 2 versions of VM, a payed one and the free one.
Keep up the good work.

Your hate towards Patrick and other developers (wont name for respect to them not you) is ridiculous, you can write 200 posts in the forum trying to portray them as useless and he will still be known as one of the developers that did more for VM as much as you hate that.

If I copy links from broken codes made by you and even broken releases I had to write a book, example VM 3.0.16 so please stop the shit roller.

Quote from: StefanSTS on May 26, 2016, 14:44:06 PM
Have to admit, the multi variant child ordering works like a charme. Whoever donated the membership for that, may be praised. ;-)

The system works for the people who support it at least.

Fantastic, keep supporting VM for the 10 members of the bronze, silver and gold membership, totally respectfull, but let others like us support the global users of this free open source software.

StefanSTS

A basic membership costs 50 Euros. The developers have to make a living. So giving the supporters a small advantage by having features earlier is a nice token.

Your 99% is probably not true, some have chosen to support the developer team and take the advantage.

Sooner or later all these member functions will be available in the normal version, Max always underlines that. Just there is a time delay. So if you need something from the membership version urgently, buy a membership for again, 50 Euros.  Otherwise, you can use the free VirtueMart version that comes totally free of cost for anybody to make money with their shop. And if you wait  for some time, you will get the features, somebody else sponsored by a membership too and you can earn money with your shop without giving a dime to the developer.

If you don't want to spend 50 Euros to support the developer and get extra features you request, don't do it, but stop complaining. Everyone has to make a living, but you think you have to get everything for free.

So you don't need to pay Max for the developement, just buy a membership and yes, let other people pay for that feature too, if they want it right now. How do you think people can feed their families? VirtueMart is free, and some extra features are kept for the members for a short time. What is your problem?
--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

lindapowers

Quote from: StefanSTS on May 26, 2016, 15:58:08 PM
A basic membership costs 50 Euros. The developers have to make a living. So giving the supporters a small advantage by having features earlier is a nice token.

Your 99% is probably not true, some have chosen to support the developer team and take the advantage.

Sooner or later all these member functions will be available in the normal version, Max always underlines that. Just there is a time delay. So if you need something from the membership version urgently, buy a membership for again, 50 Euros.  Otherwise, you can use the free VirtueMart version that comes totally free of cost for anybody to make money with their shop. And if you wait  for some time, you will get the features, somebody else sponsored by a membership too and you can earn money with your shop without giving a dime to the developer.

If you don't want to spend 50 Euros to support the developer and get extra features you request, don't do it, but stop complaining. Everyone has to make a living, but you think you have to get everything for free.

So you don't need to pay Max for the developement, just buy a membership and yes, let other people pay for that feature too, if they want it right now. How do you think people can feed their families? VirtueMart is free, and some extra features are kept for the members for a short time. What is your problem?

Ok sorry, 95%

Your lesson is well learned from Max, thank you I have read his arguments for years and already know his opinion and don't need Max's dog to repeat all what he thinks.
You think I'm gonna pay someone insulting me and many others? Not that crazy yet.

I was talking here with Patrick about a plugin to solve a problem many of us have so the question is what is your problem better?
You come here to insult and provoque, stop it please, Max is also better at that and how on earth are we gonna suppose to know this feature is being developed or not when Max said here first that it was planned and later that it will be added if someone donates the code.

StefanSTS

Well,

I pointed out my view, you call me dog.

So much for insulting.

To speak in dogs terms. Max is the alpha (the lead developer), he calls the shots.
There are a lot of betas around that want to be alpha too ... and call the shots.

Well, if a weak beta wants to become the alpha he either has to wait for the alpha to die, or he can try to sneak up behind the alpha from time to time and try to bite him from the back.
Mostly the alpha realizes that quickly and shows the beta it's place, which is then complaining to the other weak betas to wimper for support.

I am not part of the pack by the way. I am the zoo keeper.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Milbo

Quote from: lindapowers on May 26, 2016, 15:43:54 PM
The bulk orderstatus was my suggestion and I offered to pay for that feature but you decided it will be released only for the membership version and I told you I will only pay if it was released for everyone so please stop the lies.
It is already part of the free vm3.0.16. Silly.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member