News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Redirect of generic child variants/ multivariants to product detail view

Started by lindapowers, March 04, 2015, 19:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hello

In case you have not noticed in vm3 child products are selectable from the category view, this was a great addon but they had to ruin it by redirecting you to the product details view after each selection.

You can check it here http://demo.virtuemart.net/default-products with any of the products at the lower part of the site.

The only one that does not redirect you is the "simple cart variant". No stock control, no unique photos, descriptions or dimensions and the price gets added from the parent so if you were thinking of changing your child products to cart variants like me... we are doomed there also, useless.

-------------------------------

I spoke with Max Milbers and the cost for solving this and he said around 500 € which of course I'm not gonna pay alone for something that should be have been done right from the start but I'm happy to pay this with other users.

I told him about hiring an indian programmer or someone cheaper but I encounter the risk of the code being of poor quality and not getting added to the core.

------------------------------

We need child products to reload and stay in the category view without forcing the customer to a page he didnt choose. Any user that finds this redirect annoying contact me by private so we can help them develope this. They are never gonna change this without paying them, thats something I learned.

If any of the programmers here is capable of solving this issue in a way it could be added to the core please contact me.

I have no problem paying but not 500 € where I could buy 5 copies of Hikashop or Eshop which already make things how they are supposed to be made.

PD: I just wished sometimes you programmers had a bit of pride to release quality products and improve your system. This redirect is bullshit, nonsense and I cant believe no one is complaining for this crap.

bluezeyes

Quote from: lindapowers on March 04, 2015, 19:19:05 PM
Hello
[..]
PD: I just wished sometimes you programmers had a bit of pride to release quality products and improve your system. This redirect is bullshit, nonsense and I cant believe no one is complaining for this crap.

The thing is, that there is no official bug tracking system, if there would be one, it could be checked and be used as a logging tool (/indication) of how many ppl are not satisfied or affected by a function or the way implemented by this. I understand that a direct communication via Skype may help faster, but there is a lot of information lost when using this way.

Using github would may help to develop too.. Maybe there should be a general discussion about to change from svn to github...

Just my two cents..

lindapowers

Agree and also posting in a forum with so many sections and daily posts wont grab the attention of users, even less having to pay. I knew this post was useless but had to try. Most users have not even noticed yet the issue we comment here.

Milbo

In vm2.6, there was no add to cart button in the category browse view. There was no customfields in the browse view. So now we added that, but instead of being happy, you blame the last 5% which does not work the best way, but similar. Strange. Additionally to that it is quite contraproductive if you do not lead the customer on the productdteail page, because the productdetail page is like a mini category if you use a lot variants.

I told you, that the method to crowdfund features like that is the membership http://extensions.virtuemart.net/support/virtuemart-supporter-membership-detail buy gold or at least silver. You never wondered who pays the new features in vm?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Milbo

Quote from: bluezeyes on March 07, 2015, 11:45:50 AM
The thing is, that there is no official bug tracking system, if there would be one, it could be checked and be used as a logging tool (/indication) of how many ppl are not satisfied or affected by a function or the way implemented by this.

A bugtracker must be managed. Someone must do this and classify all the time the tracking items. Furthermore a bugtracker is not big different to a forum, just more formalism todo. Actually the only person pissed by that is Lindapowers.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: Milbo on March 09, 2015, 18:34:15 PM
Quote from: bluezeyes on March 07, 2015, 11:45:50 AM
The thing is, that there is no official bug tracking system, if there would be one, it could be checked and be used as a logging tool (/indication) of how many ppl are not satisfied or affected by a function or the way implemented by this.

A bugtracker must be managed. Someone must do this and classify all the time the tracking items. Furthermore a bugtracker is not big different to a forum, just more formalism todo. Actually the only person pissed by that is Lindapowers.

If I was demanding something for free ok but I even offered to pay, but 500 € is madness, Im gonna e-mail Bill Gates cause I think he will be cheaper!

You once said I was the only demanding the rounding in vm and then became one of the most used features but nevermind, considering I made the translation 100% literally to spanish and no one payed me a cent I guess I could cry for something that Is just not correct.

Milbo

You seem to mix up a lot. There is no reason to take this personal. You came in my skype chat and ranted me first and then demanded this feature. I said to you, it is planned, but that the development of vm3 already costs a lot money. You asked me how much it cost and I said it is minimum 500 euro. I did not say that you have to pay it. It was not the price I make for you, considering whatever you did. It is just the price what it costs, to give you an idea what you demand. You said, you will find a programmer doing it and I just gave you an idea what you can expect. It is a new js, a new json view, a new task, new split of a sublayout, and so on. Furthermore there are a lot other requested features like

- optionally enable/disable Labels
- optionally show the dropdown as radio or with clickable images
- reference the custom to another custom "String", which is then automatically created to "tag" the product, so that it is searchable (find me all 27 Zoll screens).
- then comes optional ajax reload in browse views.

So the more people buy the membership, the more money is there to develop the free core, else we have todo support jobs and similar to live.

ZoBabe

Joomla 3.4.1
Virtuemart 3.0.6.2

I think that overall this system is an improvement, however this issue is really a serious headache.
A. The redirect causes the reviews to disappear. Can't we keep the reviews from the parent product? I don't want separate reviews for every possible variation.
B. It does not reload javascript from other plug-ins. Zoom breaks on every selection.  :-\
  I'm sorry if it is stated above, but I just want to know if these issues are being addressed? I don't really mind waiting for an update.
  Perhaps does anyone know of an override for the review issue, where I could get the parent reviews to display on child products?
Thanks for your consideration.
Z

P.S. Should clarify, I'm not even worried about redirecting from the category page, my client doesn't even want the "Add to Cart" button there. These issues also arise when choosing another variant on the detail page itself.

Flaka

Hello i just want to say that also in my opinion " the redirection to the product detail page (togther with the price calculation starting from the base price)" is one of the most annoying "feature" in VM and should be improved as fast as possibly. every else function fine for me. I think i will have to change the shopping system if this problem will not be solved. 

lindapowers

Quote from: Flaka on October 15, 2015, 13:16:50 PM
Hello i just want to say that also in my opinion " the redirection to the product detail page (togther with the price calculation starting from the base price)" is one of the most annoying "feature" in VM and should be improved as fast as possibly. every else function fine for me. I think i will have to change the shopping system if this problem will not be solved. 

Our shopper's experience is really affected by this so I understand you perfectly Flaka.
I was gonna post links and quotes for all users that cried for this in the last months but since that will make Milbo angry and that's not my goal let's pray together hoping this is true:

Quote from: Milbo on March 10, 2015, 14:46:15 PM
- optionally enable/disable Labels
- optionally show the dropdown as radio or with clickable images
- reference the custom to another custom "String", which is then automatically created to "tag" the product, so that it is searchable (find me all 27 Zoll screens).
- then comes optional ajax reload in browse views.

lgiulio

I too have the same problem .
And ' it provided an update ?

Has been solved?

Thanks

planktonium

Is there any way to disable that akward redirecting to the detal page? It's absolute nonsense....

Studio 42

Hi all,
Curently you have 2 solutions in last VM3.0.12 release :
Using a plugin and replcae it for your current child variant customfield.
Modify/overide the customfield code layouts.
You can then modify the javascript for it and not redirect.
This do not need 500€ developpement, only some hours in vm3

Milbo

Greystoke

Has anyone come up with a fix to stop the page redirecting to the product details page when the variant is changed