News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How to display custom fields in category view in Virtuemart 3.0.6 ?

Started by wiesiu, March 02, 2015, 07:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiesiu

Hello

Is it possible to showing custom fields in category view in Virtuemart 3.0.6 ? (joomla 3.4.0). This is very important for me. For help thanks in advance. Greetings Pawel.

AH

Yes

Select the option in admin/configuration/sopfront

"Show product customfields in browse views"

Tick this item
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

wiesiu

tkejmullins

I have that setting checked in the configuration, but I still do not see my "Multi Variant" custom field in the category view. Any thoughts regarding this?

Even when I go to the product details page the custom field is not in the "form" tag to ensure it is applied to the product ordered; therefore when someone makes a choice in the dropdown menu the product information does not change unless the webpage is refreshed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joomla 3.4.1
VM 3.0.8

jenkinhill

Are you using the default VirtueMart templates or some commercial template with overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tkejmullins

I have tried both the default template and an override template.

tkejmullins

Any other ideas jenkinhill?

Attached is a screenshot of where the child product selection is. "Language" located just after the product description.

Thank you,

jenkinhill

What have you got set for the Layout position in the cutom field configuration?  I suspect you should be using addtocart for the position.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

tkejmullins

That is all I needed, position to addtocart.  Thank you.

When choosing from the dropdown the page does not load the child product.  When I choose an option I have to refresh my page 'F5' for it to load.  Any ideas regarding this issue?

Thank you so much.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

tkejmullins

I have updated VM to 3.0.9 and I am still having the same problem.  Where can I get the VM 3.0.9.4??

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

tkejmullins

That solved the problem. 

When adding this child option to the browse/category view it automatically loads the product detail page.  I read about this somewhere, do you know where I can find the solution to this?

Thank you,

AH

That is how the functionality works from the category page
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

tkejmullins

Are you aware of any way to keep it from loading the product details page, but add to cart the correct item?

Thank you,